Sandi MacIver – Stampin with Sandi – – Stampin Up Still Night Owl Card
Hi stamping friends, welcome back to another edition of the Joint Blog Hop between Amy Koenders team in the USA and our Happy Stampers here in Canada.
Again this month we had a choice between a colour challenge and a sketch and I chose the sketch:
and I flipped it, so that the line and the sentiment were at the bottom of my project so I could play with my new STILL Night bundle.
This bundle includes a stamp set and matching dies with an adorable owl, some great sentiments, a detailed die for the branch and multiple dies for the leaves making it super fast to create.
I coupled it with the new Swirls and Curls Embossing Folder – and look closely:
I doubled matted it for some additional interest.
Sandi’s Tips and Tricks for the Stampin Up Still Night Owl Card:
The theme for my card was graduation and what better than a wise owl!
- I started by stamping the owl in Memento Tuxedo Black and used my Crumb Cake and Daffodil Delight blends to shade him. I added some darker high-lights with my Early Espresso watercolor pencil.
- There is a die to cut this little guy out along with the branch and leaves.
- I used the largest of the Stitched Shapes Oval for the background and the 1-1/4″ circle punch to create a stencil to sponge the moon in Daffodil Delight and Mango Melody. By doing this, it adds depth to my picture and brings out the eyes in the owl.
- Next I embossed the layers with the Swirls & Curls embossing folder and started added them to my Thick Whisper White card base, tucking in a Copper foil mat between the two embossed pieces. (Measurements are at the end of this post for you).
- I die cut three leaves from a scrap of Mint Macaron and added them with a drop of multipurpose glue.
- For a final bit of bling, I added 5 small sequins from the gold sequin trim.
- The sentiment is stamped in Early Espresso onto a scrap of Whisper White and is from the Hand Delivered Host Stamp Set.
There is a lot going on in this card but by keeping to minimal colours and using a repeating pattern, it’s cohesive.
Hop on to my talented team mate Eva Dobilas and see what she has created for us today – and if you get lost along the way, here is a list of participants, you can simply click on the names:
Sandi MacIver – You are here
- Card base: Thick Whisper White 4-1/4 x 11, score and fold at 5-1/2
- Mats: Whisper White 4 x 5-1/4, Copper Foil Sheet 3-3/8 x 4-5/8, Early Espresso 3-1/4 x 4-1/2
- Oval: Whisper White 2-3/4 x 4
- Owl: Whisper White 2 x 2-1/4
- Branch: Early Espresso 3-1/2 square
- Leaves: Mint Macaron 1 x 2
I hope you enjoyed today’s project and thanks so much for stopping in to visit.
Wishing you Happy Stamping.