HI card making friends, my share today is created with the Stampin Up – Thankful Forest Friends
This week our Design Team have a color challenge, and like any color challenge you are allowed to add neutrals to the mix.
So here is what I created for it:
First the Card:
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks for the Stampin Up Thankful Forest Friends card:
- I colored the sentiment stamp with my markers in Cajun Craze, Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry, Crumb Cake, and I snuck in Old Olive when no one was peeking!
- After you have it colored, huff on it with your breath to moisten the ink again and stamp it.
- I stamped the little fox in Cajun Craze (don’t you LOVE this color), and cut him out.
- The background is done with the Hardwood Stamp, inked in yep, you guessed it, Cajun Craze, mounted to Basic Black and then to a Cajun Craze card base.
- I added a little strip of the Crushed Curry Washi Tape from Cherry on Top Washi Tape, and some gold sequins to embellish.
- I combined the Lighthearted Leaves and the Vintage Leaves and also made a stencil from the coordinating Leaflets Framelits to sponge over my stamped images and create the leaves in the background:
So, I was having so much fun with this new stamp set, I had to play with the little bear too, so I put him on a matching gift box created with the new Square Pillow Box Thinlit (Holiday catalog)…..isn’t he so cute…..
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks:
- same background as the card,
- Same colors on the tag and it’s cut out with the Lots of Labels framelits.
- The bear was stamped on Whisper White with Cajun Craze ink, cut out and attached with Dimensionals.
- I used the Burlap Ribbon and the Hello Honey (ok, that’s as close as I could get to Crushed Curry), 5/8 striped Cotton Ribbon and a strip of gold Sequin Trim to embellish the box,
- check out those cute little Crushed Curry leaves….when you purchase the Square Pillow box Thinlit set, you get a bunch of dies to cut embellishments too..check out the product list below to see them.
- Card stock pieces are below under the product lists:
- Card Base: Cajun Craze 4-1/4 x 11, score and fold at 5-1/2, Basic Black Mat, 4 x 5-1/4, Crumb Cake card front, 3-7/8 x 5-1/8
- Art piece: Whisper White 2-1/2 x 3-7/8, piece of Whisper White for Fox, 2 x 2-1/2
- Crumb Cake, two pieces 5-1/2 x 8-1/2
- Sentiment: Whisper White 2-1/4 x 4, Whisper White for the bear 1-1/2 x 201/2, small scrap of Crushed Curry 1 x 3 to die cut leaves.
Thanks so much for visiting me today, I hope you enjoyed the projects.