Hi card making friends, happy weekend to you: My share today is created with the Stampin Up Tin of Tags Christmas Card and this week the technique is how to create a stencil to help embellish your cards, hopefully with some products you already have.
The Tin of Tags Stamp Set is in the Holiday Catalog on page 33, and I was first attracted to it by the beautiful snowflake stamp and then to all the amazing sentiments in the set. The Tin of Tags Project Kit is also very awesome, with beautiful watercolor backgrounds already created for you, all you do is stamp, embellish and then tuck your finished projects into the beautiful keepsake box.
And – you have this beautifully designed Stamp Set to create further Christmas Cards and Holiday projects with:
So, here are a couple of Christmas Card ideas for you:
For today’s project, I used the Layering Circles Framelits and my Circle Punches to create a stencil so I could sponge some background colour behind my stamped snowflakes.
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks:
- Create your stencil
- Use Sponge Daubers to add your images onto your art piece.
- Over-stamp with the Snowflake and star stamps from the set
- Add your sentiment – I like black ink for this step so it really stands out.
- Attach your art piece to the mat and then to the card base.
- Embellish with Rhinestone Basic Jewels
Yeah – another FLAT Christmas Card done…..
and I gave you an alternate way of creating the sentiment if you like them popped up. Stamp on a small scrap of Whisper White, cut it out with the Layering Circles Framelits and then cut one a bit bigger from Pool Party card stock. Attach to the card with Dimensionals.
Now don’t you just love when your stampin supplies have duo purposes? I sure do.
- Card Base: Thick Whisper White 4-1/4 x 11, score and fold at 5-1/2
- Mat: Pool Party 4 x 5-1/4
- Art Piece: Whisper White 3-7/8 x 5-1/8
- Popped Up Sentiment: Whisper White 2-1/2 square and Pool Party 2-3/4 Square.
Thanks so much for visiting me today, I hope you enjoyed the projects.