Hi stamping friends and welcome back to my card making blog. My share today is Stampin Up Tranquil Tulips Hugs Card.
I decided to try a new sketch and colour challenge for today’s card:
Stampin Up Tranquil Tulips Hugs Card:
The My Favorite Things Sketch Challenge for this week:
And the My Favorite Things Color Challenge for this week:
Of course, I don’t have their colors, so my Stampin Up Versions for this challenge is here:
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks for the Stampin Up Tranquil Tulips Hugs Card:
- Use the Powder Pink Ink and First Generation stamping technique to add the written background using the background Bits Stamp Set (also a Host Set).
- Also using Powder Pink Ink, stamp the large tulip in the center and small ones on either side.
- On the smaller piece of Whisper White card stock, stamp the second layer of all three tulips and cut out.
- Add the stems and leaves using the Tranquil Tide Ink.
- Layer the card front to the mat and then to the card base.
- For the side element, slice off a large corner from a piece of Powder Pink card stock. Lay it on the left side of the card and mark it with a pencil for trimming.
- Trim it down to fit on the side of the card, lining up with the black mat.
- Adhere it to a scrap of Basic Black card stock and trim the right side with the point so that 1/8″ of black is showing, trim the other 3 sides flush.
- Run a strip of the skinny “Pick A Pattern Washi Tape down the left side.
- Use the Black Stampin-n-write Marker to add dashes to make it appear stitched and then use Multipurpose Glue to attach it to the left side of the card. TIP – using this glue will give you a couple of seconds to position this piece just right.
- Add a torn strip of the white/with black dots washi tape over the leaves near the bottom of the card.
- Cut the word “hugs” twice, once in pink and once in black.
- Use the Multipurpose glue to attach them, offsetting them just a bit from the left so the black shows as a shadow.
- Attach the “hugs” to the card front with Dimensionals to add a 3-d effect to the card.
- Separate a few of the Black Mini Sequin Trim and use the glue to attach them to the card up around the tulips.
- Use Dimensionals to attach the second layer of the tulips.
Whew, that seemed like an awful lot of steps, but it’s great fun to create this card.