Sandi MacIver – Stampin With Sandi – Stampin Up Tropical Chic Embossed
Hi stamping friends. This week’s product spotlight is the Tropical Chic Bundle from Stampin Up.
This fabulous bundle allows you to experience the lush feel of the tropics without leaving home. The stamps and dies coordinate beautifully and with the help of the NEW embossing Mats – you have even more options for your cards.
Today’s card showcases the coordinating Designer Paper “Tropical Escape”, embossing and die cutting.
Note: you can stamp the image and cut it out with the framelit, or use the detailed thinlit and cut the images out of coloured card stock as I did for today’s card AND, I used the framelits to emboss the background of my card.
TIPS about Embossing:
You can emboss using most thinlits, framelits and edgelits dies. The more detailed the design, the better the results. Make the emboss-only sandwich, then run the sandwich through the Big Shot.
NOTE: this is what works in my Big Shot – but it’s old and loose – you may need to try yours to see what works best for you.
From the bottom up:
- Big Shot Platform
- cutting pad
- die – cutting side up
- card stock
- blue (thin) Silicone rubber mat
- Impressions Pad (white)
There are additional instructions on the card that comes with the Embossing Mats
AND – if I am using a embossing die – (many sets have them now), I substitute the blue silicone rubber mat for the gray (thicker) one – for excellent embossing results.
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks for the Stampin Up Tropical Chic Embossed card:
- I started by embossing the 3-1/4 x 5-1/2 piece of Powder Pink for the top of my card base. The card base is Blushing Bride 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 scored at 4-1/4. Attach the Powder Pink embossed piece with Snail Adhesive.
- I stamped the random lines across the bottom in Blushing Bride Ink.
- Next I die cut the leaves I needed out of the Granny Apple Green, Shaded Spruce and Soft Sea Foam card stock.
- I attached the leaves using small drops of multipurpose glue.
- On top of this I attached my 2-1/2 x 4-1/4 piece of the Tropical Escape Designer Paper.
- I stamped my sentiment onto a piece of 7/8 x 3-1/4 Whisper White, flag tailed the left side and attached it with Dimensionals over a scrap of the Granny Apple Green 1/2 x 3-1/2 (you could also use ribbon here but I haven’t not received mine yet).
- For the final embellishment, I ran a 12″ piece of Linen Thread through a True Gentlemen Buttons (medium sized one), tied a bow and attached it with a glue dot.
A PDF for this card will be included in this Sunday’s FREE PDF post.
Want more ideas for this lush Bundle?
The spotlight on this Tropical Chic Suite continues tomorrow in my Newsletter, so sign up (end of post), before 2 p.m. (M.T.) tomorrow to receive another card idea and FREE PDF.
You can view this card I shared earlier in the week, and the PDF’s will also be in my SUNDAY FREE PDF post tomorrow (updated with the last two week’s I have missed).
And sorry about missing the last two weeks. We have sold our house and I was over in Alberta last week buying a new one. We are moving to Drayton Valley (1 hour south west of Edmonton). I’m excited, but it’s been extremely time consuming, so thanks for understanding.
I hope you enjoyed today’s project and thanks so much for stopping in to visit.
Wishing you Happy Stamping.