Sandi MacIver – Stampin With Sandi – Stampin Up Tropical Chic.
Hi stamping friends, welcome back. There is nothing like cutting paper shares to get you up close and personal with all the new designer papers and today I was creating with one of my favourites, Tropical Escape, and it goes with the Stampin Up Tropical Chic Bundle.
This bundle just makes me happy because I love the lush feel of the tropics, the happy colours and the memories of relaxing vacations in paradise. Add to that, the crazy fun Tropical Thinlits set that come in the bundle and you will have a blast with your Big Shot too.
The Tropical Escape 6 x 6 Designer Series paper #146916, has a fabulous selection of prints and the coordinating card stock colours are: Basic Black, Blushing Bride, Granny Apple Green, Shaded Spruce, Whisper White.
Tips & Tricks for the Stampin Up Tropical Chic Card:
- Adhere a piece of the designer paper 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 to the front of a 4-1/4 x 11, scored and folded in half card base in Thick Whisper White.
- Cut a piece of Granny Apple Green card stock to 3-3/4 x 5 and die cut the foliage square near the top.
- cut a piece of the black and white dots designer paper 2-3/4 square, and glue on the back behind the die cut.
- Attach the die cut piece to the card front with Dimensionals.
- Cut a strip of Whisper White 4 x 3/4, and ink the word “thanks” on the sentiment stamp with a black marker. Stamp on the right side of the strip and flag tail both ends before attaching to the card with a couple of glue dots.
- Using a 3 x 3 piece of Shaded Spruce, cut two ferns.
- Use Blushing Bride ink to stamp 3 of the flowers into a 1-1/2 x 4 piece of Whisper White and cut out with the die.
- Use Multipurpose glue to attach the ferns to the left side of the sentiment, then two of the flowers. Pop the third flower up with a Dimensional.
- Use a Glue dot to attach a button from the True Gentleman Buttons embellishments, or order the fun Tropical Elements embellishments in the suite.
- Fold a piece of Linen Thread in half and create a double bow attaching over the button with a glue dot.
Super fun and very easy because the dies do all the heavy lifting. AND, you get 4 pieces of each design in the paper, so you can make 4 of these at a time….awesome right?
for the Stampin Up Tropical Chic Card:
I hope you enjoyed today’s project and thanks so much for stopping in to visit.
Wishing you Happy Stamping.