Hi card making friends, My share today is created with the Stampin Up Wonderland Stamp Set.
Our Technique Challenge for this month is Sponging….whaoo, I LOVE to sponge as you can tell by yesterday’s blog post and video – view here and today’s card
I also got out the new Stampin Up Wonderland stamp set, you will find it in the Holiday Catalog on page 23, or click on the product link below:
I have been homesick for Portland lately, the beautiful mountains, lush green trees, and this time of year, the colors are fabulous. So I created “Portland” in my card. LOL…I’m sure my homesickness has a lot to do with it being zero outside, snowed the other day and snow forecast for tonight as well, tee hee – Calgon, take me away! Oh well, winter in Canada, what can I say, LOL, it makes us appreciate summer that much more.
Here is how I created this card:
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks for the Stampin Up Wonderland Stamp Set card:
- Black emboss and then Gold Emboss the trees on a piece of Shimmery White card stock.
- Starting in the bottom right corner, and in a circular motion; sponge on Blackberry Bliss Ink. Go about half way up the card, on an angle from the bottom right corner.
- Add a little Crushed Curry over on the left side then fill in the rest of the sky in Crumb Cake.
- Starting again in the bottom right corner, add some Night of Navy to darken up that corner.
- Tear a piece of computer paper in an up and down design, (to look like hills and valleys), lay it onto your art piece and starting at the bottom, sponge a little Island Indigo across the tear. This will create the mountains for you. Move it around so you don’t have the valley in the same place each time as you work your way up the card.
- Using the Stamping Off Technique, (ink your stamp, stamp on scrap paper and then on your art piece), using Night of Navy Ink, stamp the trees three more times, this time higher up. This will create the taller background trees.
- Stamp the sentiment in the top left corner also with the Night of Navy Ink.
- Layer to the Basic Black Mat and add Dimensionals to the back.
- For the card base, attach the vellum to the piece of Whisper White, then to the Gold Foil Mat, and then to the card base.
- Card Base: Night of Navy, 4-1/4 x 11, score and fold at 5-1/2, Gold Foil, 4 x 5-1/4, Whisper white 3-7/8 x 5-1/8, Winter Wonderland Vellum, 3-7/8 x 5-1/8
- Art Piece: Shimmery White card stock 3-1/8 x 4-3/8, Basic Black Mat 3-1/4 x 4-1/4
- Inside Pieces: Gold Foil, 4 x 5-1/4, Whisper White 3-7/8 x 5-1/8
Thanks so much for visiting me today, I hope you enjoyed the Stampin Up Wonderland Stamp Set card.