Hi card making friends, today I’m playing with my #1 pick from the catalog; Stampin Up Touches of Texture. Why is it my #1 pick? First of all it’s artistic, also, it has a great selection of elements, therefore I have many choices in my card creating and here are just two for you today.
Today’s layout is for our Weekly Happy Stampers challenge:
This week it’s a sketch: I love sketches they give you such a great starting point for your projects.
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks:
- So I started by stamping the flower on the right side of the art piece
- then I added some Delightful Dijon splatter,
- Then I stamped the bee and coloured him a bit with Delightful Dijon as well.
- For my torn piece across the top, I stamped it with the long design stamp first, tore the edge and rolled it back a bit before attaching it to the art piece.
- Next I used my Banners Framelits to die cut some of the Moroccan Designer Paper to add a bit of colour to the top
- Once the card was all put together, I added some Linen Thread for some texture.
- The sentiment is White Heat Embossed onto a scrap of Basic Black and is from the Helping me Grow stamp set. I tucked a scrap of the designer paper under it to help balance out the colour in the card.
- Finally I embellished with a few gold sequins just to add some light…
Here is a stepped down version of the card. basically the same, without the banner designer paper and I used the dragonfly this time. I LOVE dragonflies and this one I coloured, cut out and glued to the card.
One other thing I did with this card, the flower is a two – step stamping process. You have an outline and then a separate stamp to add the colour, before I stamped the second one; I used a baby wipe to take the colour out of the center so that I could add some Dijon into it. I like that little addition – what do you think?
Now it’s time to go and see what the rest of the Happy Stampers Designers have come up with for this week’s challenge.
Click the button below to Hop on over to Amy Koenders
If you get lost along the way, here is a list of everyone involved in the hop today
Sandi MacIver – (you are here)
- Card Base: Dapper Denim 4-1/4 x 11 score and fold at 5-1/2
- Mat: Delightful Dijon 3-5/8 x 4-7/8
- Art Piece: Very Vanilla 3-1/2 x 4-3/4
- Designer Paper: 1 x 2 and 2 x 2
- Sentiment: Basic Black 1 x 2
- Dragonfly: Very Vanilla 2 x 2