Hi Stampers, today my share is Star of Light in Gold and White revisited
I have received a couple of e-mails from stamping friends who don’t have 1/16th on their cutters and asked me to simplify the cutting instructions a bit, so I did…I also taped a short video showing you how I cut it and placed the pieces of designer paper:
I so love a crisp white and gold card. Clean, beautiful with just the right amount of bling – how about you?
For this card, I found the perfect marriage of gold and white.
- Gold Foil Sheet (page 175 of the Annual Catalogue)
- Fancy Frost Specialty Designer Series Paper (page 37 of the Holiday Catalogue – currently on sale for the Year End Close out).
The beautiful embossed designs create the perfect backdrop for simply embellished cards.
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks:
- I used the Thick Whisper White card stock for the base – this beauty needed some substance.
- A thin layer of Gold just barely peeking out is the perfect mat.
- Cutting the Designer Paper:
- I cut two pieces 1-7/8 x 5 – then cut 1-1/2 off each end and trade them out. (short leaves beside the long flower, short flower beside the long leaves
- I attached the designer paper to the Gold Foil mat with Fast Fuse.
- Next I covered the seams with strips of the 5/8″ Organza ribbon before attaching it to my card base.
- Using the Starlight Thinlits Dies, I cut out the beautifully intricate star as my main focal point and two small ones to embellish my background.
Gold emboss a sentiment on a scrap of Whisper White to finish it off. The card recipe is at the end of this post for you.
Here is the video for you. If you are reading this in an e-mail – CLICK HERE to visit my blog to view the video.
Thanks so much for visiting me today, I hope you enjoyed the projects.