Hi Stampers, today my share is Star of Light in Gold and White.
I so love a crisp white and gold card. Clean, beautiful with just the right amount of bling – how about you?
For this card, I found the perfect marriage of gold and white.
- Gold Foil Sheet (page 175 of the Annual Catalogue)
- Fancy Frost Specialty Designer Series Paper (page 37 of the Holiday Catalogue).
The beautiful embossed designs create the perfect backdrop for simply embellished cards.
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks:
- I used the Thick Whisper White card stock for the base – this beauty needed some substance.
- A thin layer of Gold just barely peeking out is the perfect mat.
- Cutting the Designer Paper:
- I cut two pieces 1-7/8 x 5. Cut 1-1/2 off each end and alternate.
- I attached the designer paper to the Gold Foil mat with Fast Fuse.
- Next I covered the seams with strips of the 5/8″ Organza ribbon before attaching it to my card base.
- Using the Starlight Thinlits Dies, I cut out the beautifully intricate star as my main focal point and two small ones to embellish my background.
Gold emboss a sentiment on a scrap of Whisper White to finish it off. The card recipe is at the end of this post for you.
Thanks so much for visiting me today, I hope you enjoyed the projects.