Hi stamping friends and welcome back to my Card Making Blog. I have a super fun and amazingly easy card for you today, Stars and Snowflakes.
This card started as a creative mess. I had to clean up on my stamping table. I’m sure you can relate, designer paper everywhere, different embellishments you tried and maybe discarded, ink pads piled high and teetering. You can’t find anything, so you stop to clean.
I spilled my container of Hearts and Stars all over a piece of Wood Textures Designer Paper, (said a bad word, perhaps two!) and reached to pick it up. But I stopped…it was kind of pretty.
I had some gold die cut snowflakes sitting in a pile too, so I threw them into the mix and decided I was on to something.
Here’s what happened for the Stars and Snowflakes Card:
- I decided I wanted a blue tinge to my Wood Textures DSP, so I added Pool Party ink with the Sponge Brayer, then I mounted it to a piece of Gold Foil – because it’s an earthy card – but you still need some bling!
- For the texture, I folded a piece of linen thread in half, tied knots in it and attached it to the card front, over the large snowflake I had glued down
- Multipurpose glue does an excellent job of attaching a sprinkling of those beautiful wooden stars and a couple of smaller gold snowflakes.
- and the final embellishments, small rhinestones.
Finally I attach the whole thing to a Crumb Cake Card base.
I opted to place the sentiment on the inside of the card.
- Card Base: Crumb Cake 4-1/4 x 11, score and fold at 5-1/2
- Mat: Gold Foil Sheet 4 x 5-1/4
- Card Front: Wood Textures DSP 3-7/8 x 5-1/8
- Snowflakes: Scraps of Gold Foil Sheet
Thanks so much for stopping to visit with me today
- be one of 24,800 following me on PINTEREST
- My Fastest Growing Board – NEW – 2017 Annual Catalog Pin Board – over 2,700 pins
- NEW – Holiday Catalogue 2017 – over – 1,000 pins