Sandi MacIver – Stampin With Sandi Very Vintage NEW Host Set
Hi stamping friends, my share today is the Very Vintage NEW Host Set from Stampin Up for this week’s Blog Hop Challenge.
This week we have a colour challenge and believe me, it was a challenge.
Who picked this colour combo anyway, haha, I can say that, it was me, but I have no idea what I had in mind when I did. So the old cerebellum got a work out.
I decided to combine it with this week’s Freshly Made Sketches Challenge.
And, the Very Vintage New Host Set.
Another of my favourite things about a new Annual Catalogue, are all the new Host Sets and this catalogue doesn’t disappoint. I think I like every one of them so for my first order, I chose this one, Very Vintage.
Sandi’s Tip’s & Tricks for the Very Vintage NEW Host Set Card:
- I placed the floral stamp on my Stamparatus and used my markers for the “direct to rubber” technique.
- I stamped the image on a 2-7/8 x 5-1/2 piece of Whisper White.
- I added a second layer of yellow ink to the flower centers and edges and stamped again to highlight (Love being able to do that with the Stamparatus!) Ok, I got my green and yellow covered…now about that brown!
- There is a lovely border stamp in the set, so I used that near the bottom of my card – it also worked perfectly to hide the finger print I got on it, haha. I did stamp it off twice so it was a little softer.
- Next I mounted the art piece to a piece of Old Olive 3 x 5-1/5
- Then I added two pieces of the NEW 5/8″ Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon in Whisper White, tacking the ends to the back of the piece. LOVE THIS STUFF
- Over that I added a double wrap of the Old Olive 1/8″ Sheer ribbon and created a bow.
- I White Heat embossed the sentiment on a scrap of Old Olive and trimmed it with my scissors before attaching it with cut in half mini dimensionals.
- I used Dimensionals to attach this to my 4-1/4 x 11, scored and folded at 5-1/2 thick whisper white card base.
- I stamped that little bee in StazOn Black before using the brown and yellow to colour him and once dry, I added a little Wink of Stella to his wings to make them glisten – isn’t he handsome! He is cut out and attached with a mini dimensional.
Let’s have a little chat about ENVELOPES shall we. I LOVE to decorate my envelopes (time permitting), usually with the stamp set that is used on the card, sometimes coloured, sometimes not.
- For today’s envelope, I white heat embossed the images (hey the mess was already out!)
- Then I sponged the entire envelope in Old Olive. It TURNED OUT FABULOUS….I Love it. A couple of tips though. Embossing powder is plastic so things like return addresses and postage stamps don’t stick to it well, so leave spaces for them, and to address it.
Ok, enough about my project, now it’s time to hop and see what my mates have created for you today: Next stop is the amazingly creative Miss Kathie and then on to our super stamper Miss Eva. You can click on the Next button, or on the names below to visit their blogs:
Sandi MacIver – you are here
A PDF download for this card will be in my Free PDF Sunday post this coming Sunday.
For the Very Vintage NEW Host Set Card:
I hope you enjoyed today’s project and thanks so much for stopping in to visit.
Wishing you Happy Stamping.