Sandi MacIver – Stampin with Sandi – Watercolor Bold Butterfly
Hi Stamping friends, I have a wild and crazy butterfly card for you today created with the Bold Butterflies Framelits that are sadly retiring. This die set has been one of my go-to’s for the past few years and I’m really going to miss it so I thought I would have some fun with it today – and there is another card coming on the 18th for a very special blog hop.
Did I have some fun or what, haha – here’s the dets.
How to create the Watercolor Bold Butterfly card:
- I started with a 3-7/8 x 5-1/8 piece of watercolor paper and using ink transferred to the lids of my inkpads, I added (from the bottom) Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Lemon Lime Twist and Bermuda Bay with my aqua painter.
- Before it was quite dry, I also splattered those colours onto the surface.
- When the paper was dry, I attached it to a 4 x 5-1/4 mat and used the smaller Bold Butterfly framelit to die cut the butterflies. (click image to view).
- TIP – You need to run it through your Big Shot a couple of times for each cut as it’s going through 2 pieces of card stock.
- Attach the art piece to the 4-1/4 x 11, scored at 5-1/2 Thick Whisper White Card base.
- Use Multipurpose glue on the bodies of the butterflies to glue them back in place, bending their wings upwards.
- Next, I die cut the sentiment using the Lovely Words Framelits, snipping off the end of “Lovely” and the oval frame.
- Final embellishment is a splattering of the Metallics Sequins
You get a “Eclipse effect” when you do this as the black layer underneath shows through as you twist the card around.
Come back for my Sunday Rewind Post to download the PDF for this card.
for the Watercolor Bold Butterfly card:
I hope you enjoyed today’s project and thanks so much for stopping in to visit.
Wishing you Happy Stamping.