Hi Stampers, my share today is watercolored Butterfly Basics for the Happy Stampers Blog Hop.
This week we have a colour challenge, what to do with it?
Hmm, I decided to blend them into a bit of water colouring for my card today:
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks
- I cut a piece of watercolor paper 2 x 4 and used the Aqua Painter and Ink Pad lids to watercolour the piece.
- When it was dry, I punched the top with the Scalloped Tag Topper Punch and the bottom corners with the Project Life Corner Rounder Punch.
- My background piece is stamped with the stamps from Butterfly Basics in Old Olive and Pool Party before mounting it to a piece of Old Olive and then to the Thick Whisper White Card Base.
- I tore a small strip of Pop of Pink Designer Washi Tape for the bottom
- How did I make the butterfly?
- I cut the flower from the Sunshine Wishes Thinlits set twice, and then snipped off the two larger petals
- then glue the points together with a dab of Multipurpose Glue.
- My final step was to place a piece of (cut in half) burlap ribbon through the hole in the tag and tie it together with a string I pulled from a longer piece of the Burlap Ribbon.
Ok, enough about me – let’s continue on the hop:
Now it’s time to go and see what the rest of the Happy Stampers Designers have come up with for this week’s challenge.
Click the button below to Hop on over to Amy Koenders
If you get lost along the way, here is a list of everyone involved in the hop today
Sandi MacIver – (you are here)
Kristi Gray -is taking this week off to celebrate her birthday with her family – Happy Birthday Kristi.
For the Stampin Up Water coloured Butterfly Basics Card:
Card Base: Thick Whisper White 4-1/4 x 11, score and fold at 5-1/2 – Soft Suede 4 x 5-1/4, Pool Party 3-7/8 x 5-1/8
Mat: Old Olive 3-7/8 x 5-1/8
Card Front: Whisper White 3-3/4 x 5
Tag: Watercolour paper 2 x 4
Sentiment and Flowers: Basic Black, 4 x 6
Thanks so much for visiting me today, I hope you enjoyed the projects.