Sandi MacIver – Stampin With Sandi –
What do you do when you don’t get an Easter card finished on time? You turn it into a Birthday Card of course – and that’s exactly what happened with today’s project We Must Celebrate Bunny Card.
I had all these little bunnies painted, cut out and ready to go but then the weekend hit, and Ian came home to visit. Lots of eating and socializing, not much card making happened, haha. So here we are, back to normal days and I’m scrambling to use up these little bunnies…..
A great place to start is with a sketch so I grabbed this week’s Freshly Made Sketches challenge.
Sandi’s Tips and Tricks for the We Must Celebrate Bunny card:
- The bunnies are stamped in Archival Basic Black onto watercolour paper and then coloured with an Aqua Painter in Soft Suede and Smokey Slate.
- To create the card front, I attached a 2″ wide strip of Picture Perfect Party Designer paper and two 1/4″ strips of Lemon Lime Twist to the 3-7/8 x 5-1/8 Whisper White card base.
- I trimmed the ends and then used one of the Sweet & Sassy Heart Shaped Framelits to cut out my peek-a-boo window.
- By matting this in 4 x 5-1/4 Lemon Lime Twist, it also becomes the background colour behind my partying bunnies.
- I white heat embossed the Happy Birthday on a scrap of Basic Black and attached it with Dimensionals.
- I used Multipurpose Glue on the bottom of the bunnies and tucked their little behinds in behind the heart cut out. They have mini Dimensionals behind their heads to that they pop up a bit too.
- The final embellishments, a selection of Brights Enamel Shapes sprinkled around.
For the We Must Celebrate Bunny Card:
This adorable stamp set has a whole party of critters, stamp them all and colour them up like the card I shared HERE: Or stamp and cut out just the little guys you need. You can also cut the stamp apart so you can stamp the image multiple times.
I hope you enjoyed today’s project and thanks so much for stopping in to visit.
Winner of Last Weeks Blog Candy: Congratulations to Margaret Hodorek:
#91 said: Hi Sandi, Today just happens to be my birthday and thought I would check out your video, adding another bright spot to my day. Thanks for sharing, you make it look so easy and have inspired me to get give the “Z” a try. Thanks so much, Margaret
Wishing you Happy Stamping.