Hi card making friends, my share today is created with the Stampin Up Weather Together and the Masking Technique.
It’s been raining a lot around here which is probably why I grabbed the Weather Together stamp set, but pretty much any stamp works with this technique.
This set also comes in a bundle with the coordinating Umbrella Weather Framelits Item #142319 and you save 10% when you order the bundle – yeah!
What I love about the technique is it gives your stamping dimension, without the bulk and it’s super easy, here are the steps for you.
Sandi’s Tips and Tricks:
- Stamp the image onto a Post it Note, up near the top so that when you cut out the image, there will be some “sticky” on the back of it.
- Cut out the image, removing the outline around the edge, this will eliminate a halo, or void in your stamping when you stamp.
- Stamp your first image – this will be in the foreground – mine is the yellow umbrella.
- Cover the first image with the mask
- Stamp the image twice more, once on each side
- Remove the mask and colour your image, I used ink pads and my Aqua Painter. Island Indigo, Daffodil Delight and Emerald Envy.
- I used my Smoky Slate Stampin’ Write Marker to colour the handles
- Stamp the rain – leaving room for the clouds.
- Stamp the clouds in a scrap of Bermuda Bay and cut them out with the Coordinating Umbrella Weather Framelits.
- Add Dimensionals to the back of the clouds and attach them to your card.
Done! – Super easy with a great result.
Thanks so much for visiting me today, I hope you enjoyed the projects.