Question: What do pigs and coffee have in common? ABSOLUTELY Nothing, LOL, but when you combine two stamp sets, you can make a totally adorable card with them. In today’s post, I’ll show you how.
Now I have an adorable little piggy guzzling coffee, haha…it creates a light and playful card and the sentiment fits perfectly.
I combined This Little Piggy and Coffee Cafe stamp sets from Stampin Up. Then I went searching for a light and fun combo of designer papers and “Whole Lot of Lovely” did it for me. I duplicated the dots in the designer paper by embossing my Whisper White background with the Polka Dot Basic Embossing Folder.
I love making coordinating envelopes – just put Snail Adhesive around the outside of the flap, add a piece of designer paper and then open the envelope and trim from the inside. Now the recipient gets a little sneak peek of what’s inside.
Sandi’s Tips, Tricks and Cutting instructions:
For the What do Pigs and Coffee Have in Common Card:
- I used Archival Basic Black Ink to stamp the piggy on a 2 x 2-1/2″ piece of Powder Pink. I cut her out and sponged the edges with Powder Pink Ink.
- For her coffee cup, there is an adorable little die in the Coffee Cups Framelits set that cuts out the coffee cup in the coordinating Coffee Break Designer Paper. You can view all of these products on page 31 of the annual catalogue.
- Next I embossed a piece of Whisper White 3-7/8 x 5-1/8 then matted it to Powder Pink 4 x 5-1/4 and then to the Basic Black card base 4-1/4 x 11, score and fold at 5-1/2
- The Designer Paper is cut at: 1-1/4 x 3-1/4 for the blue flowers and 1-1/2 x 4-1/4 for the pink dots. The mats are both Basic black, 1-3/8 x 3-3/8 and 1-5/8 x 4-3/8
- I stamped the sentiment in Archival Black onto a 2 x 2 piece of Whisper White before die cutting it with the coordinating die.
- Finally, My one and only embellishment (I figured there was enough going on already, haha), is that adorable little bow found on page 197 of the Stampin Up annual catalogue, 20 bows in the pack, 4 each of the five new 2017 – 2019 In Colors….is it perfect or what!
The layout for today’s project is this week’s sketch challenge over at Freshly Made Sketches
Thanks so much for stopping to visit today, I appreciate it and I would love to hear from you – you can leave a comment here:
- be one of 24,500 following me on PINTEREST
- My Fastest Growing Board – NEW – 2017 Annual Catalog Pin Board – over 2,500 pins
- NEW – Holiday Catalogue 2017
- NEW – Tranquil Tulips Board
- New – Lemon Zest Board
- Daisy Delight Board – over 300 pins
- NEW – Colorful Seasons Pin Board