Sandi MacIver – Stampin with Sandi – Wine and Cards with Petal Passion
Hi stamping friends, I have some fun and super easy cards to share with you today, Wine and Cards with Petal Passion.
This past Wed. evening I posted this picture on my personal Facebook Page:
I was sitting at one of my design tables, watching the Olympics, trying to keep myself super busy as I was anxious about test results I was receiving the next day (they were good). I decided to have a glass of wine while I was sitting there colouring – Hence Wine and Cards, haha….and I may do it more often, it was so relaxing and fun. Judging by the comments on my Facebook Page, I’m not alone, haha…
ANYWAY – I promised to share the finished cards, so here is the first batch.
All of the images are coloured and cut out of the Petal Passions Designer Paper on page 23 of the Occasions Catalogue. I used my Stampin Blends to colour them – super easy and fun and then I cut them out.
The pieces are the same for all 3 cards.
For the Wine and Cards with Petal Passion
- Card Base: Basic Black 4-1/4 x 11, score and fold at 5-1/2
- Mat: Bermuda Bay, Daffodil Delight, Pink Pirouette 4 x 5-1/4
- Card Front: Petal Passion Designer paper – stripes 3-7/8 x 5-1/8
- Center Mat: Bermuda Bay, Daffodil Delight, Pink Pirouette 3-7/8 x 4-1/8
- Center Piece: Whisper white 2-3/4 x 4
Now tell me, who wouldn’t smile and be happy to receive this big honkin yellow flower in the mail…I know I would LOVE it….and I love the Black and White Designer Paper behind.
Tips & Tricks for the Wine and Cards with Petal Passion Cards:
- So simple to colour. Colour a base coat of the light Daffodil Delight, then add the dark as the shadow. I worked in groups of 3-4 petals at a time, so that the base colour was still wet when I coloured the darker colour over it, allowing it to sink in and blend on it’s own.
- Note the background stamping on each card as well, all done in Smoky Slate using the floral images from the Petal Palette Stamp Set. Don’t have the set – no problem, a leaf stamp would also work, just dig around in your stash
- For the second card, I calmed it down (ever so slightly haha), using the beautiful Pool Party dark, and Bermuda Bay Light – I’m totally in love with this combo.
- Notice the gray shadows on the designer paper: add a little yellow over those at the end for the fun “green tone” highlights…and of course my Splash of Yellow in the center and the small flower at the top.
I used the sentiments from the Petal Palette stamp set but really, any stamp set will do. I send out a lot of thank you cards to customers each month so that’s my “go to” sentiment, but these would also make great birthday, girlfriend, anniversary, thinking about you cards.
The final card is done in light and dark Pink Pirouette. Leave some white spots too, it adds a nice dimension to the colouring with like NO work.
All of the embellishments are the Metallic Enamel shapes/Brights/Subtle enamel shapes along with small rhinestones and pearls. With these big flower images on the cards, I like to keep the embellishments to a minimum.
TIP – You can color the Metallic Enamel Shapes with your Stampin Blends to have perfectly matching embellishments
Thanks so much for stopping to visit with me today. The products used in today’s cards are listed at the end of the post for you. Wishing you Happy Stamping.
For the Wine and Cards with Petal Passion Cards: