Sandi MacIver – Stampin With Sandi – Winter Sky Sponged Background
Hi stampers, I ran out of Christmas cards the other day so I was creating some new ones with this cool Winter Sky Sponged background and I shared a pic or two on Instagram and Facebook. I had some inquiries for a tutorial, so I taped a little video for you.
This is a super easy technique however it does result in rather inky fingers if you’re not careful haha.
When I mass produce cards I do all of each step at a time, so I sponged all the backgrounds, cut out all the lamps, splatter painted them all together and then,
started assembling them all.
I used the Hometown Greetings Edgelits set to create the little snow covered houses in the background and the Christmas Lamppost Thinlits for the lovely vintage lamppost in the foreground.
Here is a video to walk you step by step through the process. If you are reading this in your e-mail, you may need to CLICK HERE to come to my blog to watch the video, or SUBSCRIBE to my YOUTUBE Channel and receive instant notification whenever I post a new video.
for the Winter Sky Sponged Background card:
- Card Base: Thick Whisper White 4-1/4 x 11, score and fold at 5-1/2
- Lamppost: Basic Black 1-1/2 x 4-1/2
- Town: Whisper White 3 x 3
- Sponged Background: Whisper White 3 x 5
Thanks so much for stopping to visit with me today, wishing you Happy Stamping.
- be one of 26,000 following me on PINTEREST
- My Fastest growing New board – Christmas Card ideas – Stampin Up – has 1,000+ pins to date
- NEW – OCCASIONS CATALOGUE Samples
- NEW – Sale-a-bration Catalogue Samples
- NEW – Holiday Catalogue 2017 – over – 1,564 pins