Sandi MacIver – Stampin With Sandi – Wise Men from Afar
Wise Men from Afar is a stamp set I bought some time ago, and for some reason have just not got to inking it up yet. I think I was having a designer block about it or something, haha.
So, I cleaned off my work table yesterday and made a whole new mess to come up with this.
I knew I wanted it dark and elegant and there is nothing more elegant than Gold Heat Embossing right?
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks for the Wise Men From Afar Card:
- I gold embossed the wise men on a piece of Very Vanilla
- I glued a piece of Painted Autumn Designer paper across the top, then attached a piece of the thin gold foil Washi Tape from Year of Cheery Specialty Washi.
- Finally, I wrapped Linen Thread around the piece twice before typing a bow.
- For the card base, I gold embossed the sentiment in the bottom left corner of the Basic Black Piece.
- The black is mounted onto a mat of Very Vanilla and then a card base of Soft Suede
- I used the Star die from Bethlehem Edgelits and a piece of gold foil sheet for the star however you could also gold emboss the star that comes in the stamp set.
For a little depth to my design, I popped the art piece up on Dimensionals before attaching it to the card front and the star too.
This elegant stamp set is on page 24 of the holiday catalogue, is available in wood or clear mount however, it’s also on the retiring favourites list so only guaranteed available until Dec 21.
for the Wise Men From Afar Card:
- Card Base: Soft Suede 4-1/4 x 11, score and fold at 5-1/2, Very Vanilla mat 3-3/4 x 5, Basic Black 3-5/8 x 4-7/8
- Art Piece: Very Vanilla 2-1/4 x 4
- Designer Paper: 1/2 x 2-1/4
- Gold Foil Sheet 1-1/2 x 2
Thanks so much for stopping to visit with me today, wishing you Happy Stamping.
- be one of 26,000 following me on PINTEREST
- My Fastest growing New board – Christmas Card ideas – Stampin Up – has 1,100+ pins to date
- NEW – OCCASIONS CATALOGUE Samples
- NEW – Sale-a-bration Catalogue Samples
- NEW – Holiday Catalogue 2017 – over – 1,800 pins