Today’s share is the Simon Says Stamp Hibiscus Bloom Die. This die was part of Simon Says Stamp June Crafty Hugs release. I have been impatiently awaiting it’s arrived so I can bust it out for a play date.
Before we jump into the card details
And Simon Says Stamps is having 75% OFF Holiday Favorites – 75% wil automatically be deducted at checkout – no code required – SHOP THE SALE HERE
On my Hawaii visits, one of my favorite pass times is to get up early, grab my camera and go and take photos of all the beautiful flowers. Just me, the sun, the birds and those beautiful florals. While that’s not in the cards this year, water coloring a pretty die cut brings back those fond memories.
How to create the Simon Says Stamp Hibiscus Bloom Die Card:
- Last week I spent a day SMOOSHING a pile of backgrounds using the Hero Arts Liquid Watercolors so I grabbed one of those as my starting spot.
- This one is done with Deep Ocean and Teal and represents the beautiful blue waters of Hawaii.
- The hibiscus is cut from watercolor paper and I left all the pieces intact on my cutting pad to watercolor them
- I used Altenew Artist Watercolor 24 Pan, to watercolor. The flower is done in light pink with yellow at the tips
- For the leaves I did a wash of the light green, added a bit of dark green and teal blue for some shadowing.
- Once all the pieces were dry, I popped them out. I die cut a new set in Neenah Solar White 110# (extra thick) and used this outline on my card, gluing it down with Tombow white glue
- Next, I inlaid all the flower and leaf pieces.
- Finally, die cut the Script Hello three times from more scraps of the Neenah Solar White and stack them.
- Before attaching the sentiment to the card, pop the card into the Misti and stamp “dear friend” in black ink under where the “hello” will be glued down. This sentiment is from the Comfort and Prayers stamp set.
- To finish, add a few Rainbow party Sequins.
My card also qualifies for the Festive Friday Challenge as I used Pink, Green, it’s a flower and it’s die cut
And it also qualifies for the Inspiration Challenge this week as it’s Painted.
Learn More about the Ink Smooching Technique:
CLICK here to visit this post for the PDF tutorials for each card and the video on the technique
This beautiful HIBISCUS BLOOM DIE is HUGE and covers the entire card front, so all you need is a pretty background!
used for the Simon Says Stamp Hibiscus Bloom Die Card card:
Want to find the products I used? I have them listed below. Compensated affiliate links used at no cost to you.
Thank you for your support, it helps to cover my blogging and video expenses.