Hi stamping friends, I’m up on the “A Blog Named Hero” blog today helping celebrate Hero Art’s 45th Anniversary with a fun little card and a super easy Layered Ink Background.
My love affair with Hero arts has been 30 years long – that’s when I bought my first stamp from them.
I always order their catalogues too because they had such great card ideas in them. For today’s share I decided to use a couple of stamp sets that I recently purchased from Hero Arts,: New Day Butterflies Combo and Hand Drawn Everyday Messages.
The Layered Ink Background Process:
- To add as much interest as possible, I started the background by die cutting a Stitched Rectangle with the Simon Says Stamp dies. Next I used the Hero Arts Teal Liquid watercolor to add a light wash down the left side.
- On top of that (once it was dry of course), I used the Rain Dance stencil with Green Apple Ink and my “Life Changing” brush, to add the second layer of ink. Notice that the design of the stencil, matches the center part of the wings on the big butterfly? Coincidence? I think not, haha.
- After that, I used my Misti Stamp Positioning tool and three of the butterfly stamps from the set. Stamping them in black on the background piece, leaving room for my sentiment and another butterfly overlay. (and resisting the VERY strong urge to color them – reminding myself, I’m trying to keep this card simple).
- For my main butterfly, I stamped a medium sized butterfly in Hero Arts Intense Black Ink onto a small piece of Neenah Solar White card stock. I like using this card stock when I use my copics as the ink blends beautifully on it. Once done, I used the coordinating dies to cut the butterfly out.
Adding the Sentiment:
- The font on this “Hand Drawn everyday Messages set caught me, LOVE IT, and I decided on the “celebrate” word which I white heat embossed it onto a scrap of black and then trimmed it down to size.
- When adding the sentiment and the butterfly I used foam tape just to pop them up a little bit and add a 3-d dimension to my card.
A slight bit of embellishing is accomplished with three sequins from the Seashore Sequin Mix also from Hero Arts.
And there you have it, my simple card with a Layered Ink Background to celebrate Hero Arts….Thank you Hero Arts for your outstanding contributions to our stamping community and here’s to many more fun years ahead.
Click the link above to download a free PDF for today’s card and visit my PDF GALLERY for more great card ideas
Thanks so much for visiting me today and I hope you enjoyed the project. I’ve listed the products I used below. Clicking on the image will take you directly to the product. Where available I use compensated affiliate links which means if you make a purchase through my link, I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you so very much for your support, it helps to keep my blog and YouTube channel running and I truly appreciate it.
P.S. if you do place an order through my affiliate links, please E-Mail Me with the date and amount along with your name and address as I would love to send you a thank you card.
for the Hero Arts Layered Ink Background Card:
PIN ME – Save me/Pin me to your favourite PINTEREST BOARD
If you like this card idea, pin this image, I have linked it back to this blog post and FREE PDF DOWNLOAD