Hi stamping friends. YIPEE! Simon Has a NEW RELEASE and you can check out the entire new release HERE<——–click. Today I’m playing with the Tulip Background stamp and I have three cards to share with you.
This release is called Sunny Days Ahead. Heidi the owner of Simon hopped on Instagram yesterday to notify us that the state of Ohio has lifted regulations so that they can get back to the warehouse and start shipping. For safety purposes they have split the staff into two shifts to allow for social distancing. They are also providing masks and increased sanitizing for their safety as well as their customers. They are doing their very best to allow their business to survive as well as the hundreds of brands they carry. So yeah, shipping has commenced. She asks for your patience as they get used to the new norm, and process the backlog of orders and THANK YOU for your support.
There are so many techniques you can use on these backgrounds stamps and for my first one I decided on Ink Smooshing Technique. I love this technique because you never really know what you are going to get with it.
TULIP BACKGROUND Card #1 The Ink Smooshing Technique:
For the inks: I used picked Raspberry, Spiced Marmalade and Mustard Seed. The sentiment is created from another new sentiment set MOM – Word Mix 2 and it coordinates with the previously released Word Mix Die set.
- rub some ink onto a waterproof mat and spritz it with water.
- Heat emboss the stamp onto a piece of watercolor paper
- Lay the paper face down into the ink and SMOOSH it.
- Pick it up and move it around until your entire surface is covered in ink. I often dry it with my heat tool and add a second layer for more color
The vellum leaves are stamped and die cut with the Be Kind stamp and Die set and Spring Flowers sequins for the final embellishment
TULIP BACKGROUND CARD #2 The Ink Smooshing Technique and ECLIPSE Card Technique:
- For the second card I did the same technique and then I added the ECLIPSE technique using the SSS Ornate Alphabet letter dies to cut the word “MOM”.
- I cut each letter 3 more times in white and glued them all together to create the lifted image – hence the eclipse technique.
- The Love You sentiment is from the Woodland Whimsy Stamp Set
- The frame for both cards is created with the A2 Thin Frame Dies also from Simon. I just love that inlaid look don’t you?
TULIP BACKGROUND Card #3:
Is gold heat embossed onto Bristol card and watercolored with Zig Markers. These markers are watercolor pens and you add the ink and move it around with a water pen. So relaxing and fun to create with. You can find a couple of videos with these pens over on my YouTube Channel. <——- click
The two layer sentiment is Miss You czd80 also from Simon.
Here’s a short video from Simon Says Stamp showing you up close and personal all of the new release:
used for the Simon Says Stamp Tulip Background cards:
Want to find the products I used? I have them listed below. Compensated affiliate links used at no cost to you.
Thank you for your support, it helps to cover my blogging and video expenses.
My Newest Video Series – Distress Oxides – Color Combos and Cards
– LOTS of great sales and New Releases going on this week – Check them out here