Hands Up – who loves Penny Black Stamps? ME, Me, ME, and today I have a New Penny Black Flying By Easter Cards. Ok, so when I was cruising the “what’s new” at Simon Says Stamp, I saw this little gem and quickly added it to my cart. At that time I had no idea what I was going to use it for, but it was too cute to pass up – you’ve done that right?
So amid all the crazy out there, today I decided to sit down and color this sweet thing and make a couple of cards. I had just received the “Bunny Kisses and Easter Wishes” die, also from Simon, and thought they would be a fab colab!
Like these cards? Pin the image above to save the link to this page.
So I did one with the new die cut sentiment and the second pink and peach one, I used the sentiment from the stamp set. Aren’t they adorable.
Penny Black Flying By Easter cards #1
- for this little guy, I stamped him on Neenah solar white and colored him with Copics. Then I stamped the flower and two leaves and colored and cut them out as well.
- I used the Clouds for Days Stencil and Gina K Premium, Pigment White Ink to very lightly stencil clouds in the background.
- Next I added a piece of torn vellum across the center.
- I added the bunny popped up on Foam Tape and then the die cut sentiment. Then I added the flower and some Pretty Pink Posh Sugar Plum Mix jewels.
Penny Black Flying By Easter Card #2
- Isn’t really an Easter Card, but it could be – just change out the sentiment.
- I masked off the bunny on the stamp and used my Misti to stamp the flowers across the bottom, then I stamped the bunny in the center of the card.
- I colored everything and this was to be a one layered card, but I messed up my coloring, so the bunny and his flower are now an overlay, haha, no way I was throwing out all that coloring!
- Both cards also have a bit of White gel pen highlights on the flowers.
Copic Markers used for the Penny Black Flying By Easter Cards:
Bunny: C0, C1, C3
Pink: RV10, RV13, RV21
Peach: E93, YR02, YR18
Green: YG03, YG23, YG67
Purple V12, V15, V17
And speaking of the Clouds for Days Stencil from Simon Says Stamp….Did you know it’s part of the SIMON SAYS STAMP April Card Kit that went live yesterday?
Follow the Rainbow is the theme for the Kit this month. Check out the adorable unbrella stamp set, beautiful patterned paper, 4 ink pads and a bottle of White embossing powder.
So why not double down and order the kit instead of just the stencil, and add hours of fun to your day. Get your April CARD KIT HERE – Before they sell out.
used for the Penny Black Flying By Easter Cards:
Want to find the products I used? I have them listed below. Compensated affiliate links used at no cost to you.
Thank you for your support, it helps to cover my blogging and video expenses.
My Newest Video Series – Distress Oxides – Color Combos and Cards
– LOTS of great sales and New Releases going on this week – Check them out here