Hi stamping friends and welcome back. I’m playing with another new item from the Simon Says Stamp Believe in you release, the Today will be Awesome Die. I love this little die, for many reasons. The sentiment itself is so supportive, there are two dies, the second one creates a perfect little frame for behind the piece and it’s also PERFECT for the Inlaid Die Cutting Technique.
With summer upon us, crafting time is at a minimum as our summers are very short, so we take every opportunity to be outside and I have a HUGE vegi garden to play in too. So, I like to make fast and easy cards and today is one of those.
How I created the Today Will be Awesome Card:
- I used the Embossed Resist technique for the card front.
- Wherein, I first White Heat Embossing the beautiful Outline Leaves Background Stamp from Simon Says Stamp onto a piece of white card stock.
- Then I used my mini blending tools and added Mowed Lawn and Peacock feathers Distress Oxide inks all over the front
- Next, I mounted that to an Audrey Blue mat before attaching it to a white A2 card base.
For the Inlaid Die Cutting Sentiment:
- I first cut out two sentiments, one in Audrey Blue from Simon Says Stamp, the second is Gina K Key lime (LOVE this color).
- I also cut the background frame die in White.
- I used the Gina K Connect glue to first attach the blue die cut to the white mat (after I had poked out all the pieces of course).
- Then I inlaid all the green pieces, making sure I put the blue background pieces back in as well.
- Finally, I attached it to my card front with foam tape to add a little dimension.
- A sprinkling of butterfly kisses sequins created the final embellishment.
Super Fast and Easy and a beautiful supportive card for a friend going through some “stuff”…..I hate that my friends have to go through “stuff” don’t you!.
Anyway, with the pretty blue and green, it’s also bright, cheerful and most importantly, POSITIVE, and those are the cards I like to receive when I’m going through “stuff”….
Thanks so much for visiting me today and I hope you enjoyed the project. I’ve listed the products I used below. Clicking on the image will take you directly to the product. Where available I use compensated affiliate links which means if you make a purchase through my link, I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you so very much for your support, it helps to keep my blog and YouTube channel running and I truly appreciate it.
P.S. if you do place an order through my affiliate links, please E-Mail Me with the date and amount along with your name and address as I would love to send you a thank you card.
for the Simon Says Stamp – Today will be Awesome Card: