Hi stamping friends and welcome back. Today I’m sharing some Tim Holtz Wildflower Stems for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. Sneaking in just under the wire again, haha, but hey, that’s how I roll sometimes.
The challenge for this week is CREATE YOUR OWN BACKGROUND and as Tim Holtz is the Feature Brand of the month over at Simon Says, it’s fun to showcase some of his amazing products.
For my background I used the Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Sprays.
I started by hanging a large piece of the Tim Holtz watercolor paper horizontally on my work surface (and added lots of paper towel to catch the drips).
I first sprayed with water, then I added a bit of the distress oxide sprays in: pealed paint, faded jeans, wilted violet and mermaid lagoon.
Before it could dry, I took the lid off the last three colors and used the end of the spritzer, to flick some added drops and let them run.
When I make a mess like this, I get extra paper ready, and clean of a space to lay them to dry as well and make a bunch of backgrounds all at once. It’s fun to see all the different textures and colors and I have more for other projects without the mess.
Next I chose a piece, added a little gold splatter, dried it with my heat tool and die cut my first image out.
I die cut two more images one from an additional piece of the Tim Holtz Watercolor paper, and one from Simon Says Stamp Fog card stock which I used as the card base on both cards.
Wildflower Stems for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge – Card #1
- For the first card I used the negative space for my background, attached a piece of white card stock behind it to make it pop, and then added the other two die cuts.
- I wrapped some Twine and gold thread around that before attaching it to my card base with foam tape. The sentiment was gold embossed and is from another Tim Holtz set, Crazy Dogs.
Wildflower Stems for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge – Card #2
- Who could waste that beautiful cut out? I used Simon Says Stamp tacky glue and attached it to another piece of that beautiful thick Tim Holtz Watercolor Paper (I wanted that lovely texture for my background).
- Added a splatter of gold paint, two more die cuts and the same twine and sentiment.
- For the flower cut out and the long white branch, I used the dies from Wildflower Stems #1, and the last little curvy branch in fog, is from Wildflowers – both available at Simon Says Stamp and linked below for you.
Thanks so much for visiting me today and I hope you enjoyed the project. I’ve listed the products I used below. Clicking on the image will take you directly to the product. Where available I use compensated affiliate links which means if you make a purchase through my link, I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you so very much for your support, it helps to keep my blog and YouTube channel running and I truly appreciate it.
P.S. if you do place an order through my affiliate links, please E-Mail Me with the date and amount along with your name and address as I would love to send you a thank you card.
for the Wildflower Stems for the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Cards: