Hi cardmaking friends and welcome back. I decided it was time to pull out my Gemini Hot Foilpress Machine again, (much to the chagrin of the corgis – they hate the beeping) and create a pretty card using the Gina K Peaceful Floral to embellish the card.
I’m also foiling on Vellum, haven’t done that before, but it worked perfectly. I used card stock Vellum, I’m not sure I would try the thinner stuff, but never say never, haha
Here are some details on the Gina K Peaceful Floral construction.
- Card base is Gina K Turquoise Sea (such a beautiful blue)
- I used a second piece 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 and die cut a frame with the Penny Black Leaf Stitched Frames Dies.
- I cut a piece of the card stock Vellum and hot foiled it in gold with the lovely Spellbinders Glimmer Scattered Dot Pattern. Trimmed it to hide behind the frame and used white glue to attach.
- Then I foiled gold onto a 3 x 3 piece of the card stock and used the Spellbinders Glimmer “Best Day Ever” for my sentiment.
- I used my MISTI to stamp the Gina K Peaceful Florals image onto a 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 piece of Neenah Solar white 80# card stock. It’s my go to card stock for Copic coloring.
- I used Gina K Amalgam Black ink for this, as it’s waterproof and Copic friendly so you can use it for pretty much any application.
- Using the MISTI allowed me to stamp it multiple times so I had a good solid black image.
- I only used 6 Copics to color: The flower in BG11, BG13, BG49 and the leaves in YG03, YG17 and YG67
- You will notice a bit of green in the flowers, I like to take the lightest green and use it for a little highlight in the flowers, I think it really adds life to the image.
Once the floral image was cut out, I used small pieces of foam tape to attach it down the left side of the card.
This is the Gina K Designs Peaceful Floral stamp set (links below for it). it’s a beautiful floral image which is easy to color and comes with three sentiments. Makes a great addition to your stash.
Click the button above to download a FREE PDF for today’s Gina K Peaceful Floral card and visit my PDF Gallery for 200+ more card downloads.
Want to learn more about how the HOT FOIL MACHINES work? I have a couple of videos over on my YOUTUBE CHANNEL walking you through using them.
Thanks so much for visiting me today and I hope you enjoyed the project. I’ve listed the products I used below.
Clicking on the image will take you directly to the product. Where available I use compensated affiliate links which means if you make a purchase through my link, I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you so very much for your support, it helps to keep my blog and YouTube channel running and I truly appreciate it.
P.S. if you do place an order through my affiliate links, please E-Mail Me with the date and amount along with your name and address as I would love to send you a thank you card.