Hi cardmaking friends and welcome back. I’m up on the Scrap ‘N Stamp Blog Today and I decided it was time to pull out my Gemini Hot Foilpress Machine again, (much to the chagrin of the corgis – they hate the beeping) and create a pretty card using the Gina K Peaceful Floral to embellish the card.
I’m also foiling on Vellum, haven’t done that before, but it worked perfectly. I used card stock Vellum, I’m not sure I would try the thinner stuff, but never say never, haha
And for my Canadian Readers: Raya over at Scrap ‘N Stamp is offering 10% off on foiling supplies starting today, good through Jan 30th, get the coupon code at the end of my post.
Here are some details on the Gina K Peaceful Floral construction.
- Card base is Gina K Turquoise Sea (such a beautiful blue)
- I used a second piece 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 and die cut a frame with the Penny Black Leaf Stitched Frames Dies.
- I cut a piece of the card stock Vellum and hot foiled it in gold with the lovely Spellbinders Glimmer Scattered Dot Pattern. Trimmed it to hide behind the frame and used white glue to attach.
- Then I foiled gold onto a 3 x 3 piece of the card stock and used the Spellbinders Glimmer “Best Day Ever” for my sentiment.
- I used my MISTI to stamp the Gina K Peaceful Florals image onto a 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 piece of Neenah Solar white 80# card stock. It’s my go to card stock for Copic coloring.
- I used Gina K Amalgam Black ink for this, as it’s waterproof and Copic friendly so you can use it for pretty much any application.
- Using the MISTI allowed me to stamp it multiple times so I had a good solid black image.
- I only used 6 Copics to color: The flower in BG11, BG13, BG49 and the leaves in YG03, YG17 and YG67
- You will notice a bit of green in the flowers, I like to take the lightest green and use it for a little highlight in the flowers, I think it really adds life to the image.
Once the floral image was cut out, I used small pieces of foam tape to attach it down the left side of the card.
This is the Gina K Designs Peaceful Floral stamp set (links below for it). it’s a beautiful floral image which is easy to color and comes with three sentiments. Makes a great addition to your stash.
Click the button above to download a FREE PDF for today’s Gina K Peaceful Floral card and visit my PDF Gallery for 200+ more card downloads.
Save 10% on Hot Foil at Scrap ‘N Stamp – use code: SMFOIL10 – good on Spellbinders and Gemini Foil Press products – good through Jan 30th
valid on in stock items only. not valid with any other sale, promotion or coupon. Not applicable to previous purchases.
Want to learn more about how the HOT FOIL MACHINES work? I have a couple of videos over on my YOUTUBE CHANNEL walking you through using them.
Thanks so much for visiting me today and I hope you enjoyed the project. I’ve listed the products I used below. Clicking on the image will take you directly to the product. Where available I use compensated affiliate links which means if you make a purchase through my link, I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you so very much for your support, it helps to keep my blog and YouTube channel running and I truly appreciate it.
P.S. if you do place an order through my affiliate links, please E-Mail Me with the date and amount along with your name and address as I would love to send you a thank you card.
for the Gina K Peaceful Floral Card:
– If you live in Canada, ordering from Scrap ‘n Stamp will save you duty and exchange on your orders – Raya is awesome to deal with and gets orders out super fast. She also has $9.50 flat rate shipping and FREE shipping on orders over $100.