Hi stamping friends. I have a New Video – Simon Says Stamp Winter Floral Stenciled Background for you today. I have been having a blast playing with the new Winter Floral Stencil from the latest release and thought it was about time to get some Gooey Mousse all over it, haha
Like this project? Pin and save it for later
When the holidays approach I love to get a head start on my cards. I like quick and easy cards that I can mass produce and I like them reasonably flat to eliminate additional postage. That of course doesn’t always work LOL, but this one fits the bill just fine.
For my “background noise” I used Nuvo Expanding Mousse in Worn Linen. You can use any embossing paste etc that you have in your stash, but I wanted to share with you just how fabulous this MOUSSE is. It’s also available in a beautiful selection of colors – see them HERE:
About the Mousses:
- You spread them on the same as embossing paste and they dry quickly.
- They are opaque with added sparkle and shine.
- They add a nice subtle texture for your “background noise” without taking over your card.
- They also come in a beautiful selection of colors
More about these Mousses:
- They are water based, so don’t apply water or water based products over the dry mousse, it will activate and affect your image.
- They are fully blendable, mix mousses to achieve new colors or mix them with other water based products to create new colors, you can use the Nuvo Shimmer Powders to add color this is super fabulous.
- Don’t use a heat tool to dry your mousse – it will turn them to a rough dull finish.
Here’s my short video on how to create this card. If you are reading this in an e-mail – you may need to CLICK HERE to view the video on my blog or you can watch it in HD over on my Youtube Channel.
Thanks so much for visiting me today and I hope you enjoyed the project. I’ve listed the products I used below. Clicking on the image will take you directly to the product. Where available I use compensated affiliate links which means if you make a purchase through my link, I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you so very much for your support, it helps to keep my blog and YouTube channel running and I truly appreciate it.
P.S. if you do place an order through my affiliate links, please E-Mail Me with the date and amount along with your name and address as I would love to send you a thank you card.