Hi card making friends. I have some special fun for you today, a Picket Fence Studios and My Sweet Petunia Collaboration. Two of my favorite companies and it’s a blog hop with both design teams so read to the bottom for the hop links and TONS of inspiration.
There’s two giveaways as well. Leave comments as you hop for a chance to win one of two $50. Gift Certificates are up for grabs, one from My Sweet Petunia (Misti) and one from Picket Fence Studios.
I have five cards to share with you today, all using the same technique, but different colors, stencils and PAPER GLAZE
Picket Fence Studios and My Sweet Petunia Collaboration Cards:
The basic steps for these cards is the same
- 4 x 5-1/4 pieces of 140 lb Canson Watercolor paper
- Spritzed with Dylusion Sprays
- Once dry, Used the MISTI stamping platform to add stamped images and then stenciled the Paper Glaze onto the piece.
- Let them dry and create the finished cards
Card #1 – (above)
- Dylusion Sprays: Melted Chocolate, Tangerine Dreams, Lemon Zest
- Stamped with Picket Fence Studios “Face the Sun” stamp set and the stencil is Funky Leaves
- Base is Black cardstock – not sprayed. The glaze is opaque so it shows up beautifully on dark card.
- Paper Glaze: Snowdrop White and Golden Rose blended through Funky Leaves Stencil
- The sentiment is Stamped Twice using the MISTI and gold embossed, from this stamp set
- Dylusion Sprays Polished Jade, London Blue, Calypso Teal. The tulips are from this set and white heat embossed.
- The stencil is Random Dots and Succulent Green and Ocean Poppy Paper Glaze used.
Card #4 of the Picket Fence Studios and My Sweet Petunia Collaboration
- Dylusion Sprays: Bubblegum pink, Polished Jade, London Blue.
- I went a little crazy with the paper glaze on this one. Starting from the left, Peony Pink, Succulent Green, Snowdrop White, Leaf Green, Succulent Green.
- As the colors dried, they picked up the ink from the dylusions sprays below which really darkened them, but made them blend too.
- The stencil is Flowers.
This card is so much prettier in real life, but due to that beautiful glaze, extremely hard to take a photo of haha.
You will also notice I had some bleeding under the stencil. MAKE SURE to use Pixie Spray on the back of your stencil, this will eliminate this.
Sentiment is from THIS stamp set
- Dylusions Sprays: Post Box Red and Squeezed Orange
- Paper Glaze – Succulent Green through the Funky Leaves Stencil.
- Sentiment is from this stamp set
the picture does not do this card justice….that Succulent Green is so vibrant against the red and orange. This is by far my Favorite of the colors of Glaze, but I’m a Full Set Girl, so I had to have and try them all. I see applications for all of them too, so more to come in the future.
I Used my MISTI STAMPING PLATFORM extensively for these Picket Fence Studios and My Sweet Petunia Collaboration cards. With the base being lumpy watercolor paper, being able to stamp images and sentiments multiple times with my black ink was a must.
I also use it for my sentiments as I’ m incapable of stamping a sentiment straight, LOL and the lines in the lid of the Misti save me.
You can order your Picket Fence Studios Paper Glaze here
It comes in 12 colors.
Super soft and very easy to apply
Has a wonderful pearlized finished for added glaze
Cleans up real well (wash your stencils as soon as you are finished applying the glaze). I use a soft baby nail brush to clean my stensils.
Now it’s time to hop,
used for the Picket Fence Studios and My Sweet Petunia Collaboration cards:
Want to find the products I used? I have them listed below. Compensated affiliate links used at no cost to you.
Thank you for your support, it helps to cover my blogging and video expenses.