Hi crafty friends and welcome back to my card making blog. It’s the 20th so that means it’s hop day with my Crafty Friends and I’m sharing 3 cards created with the Picket Fence Studios Swallowtail Beauty
This month, We are happy to announce our special Brand is PICKET FENCE Studios. I LOVE their products and so excited when they agreed to play along with us.
Even more exciting, Picket Fence Studios has graciously offered a 20% DISCOUNT CODE on orders placed through any of our Design Team Members using the code: CRAFTYFRIENDS20 – from Sept 20 through 21st. CLICK HERE to shop and stock up with this great discount.
This Swallowtail Beauty stamp is HUGE and covers the entire front of an A2 card which is awesome because it lends itself to lots of different techniques. I’m sharing a couple today and I hope you will enjoy them and give them a try
Picket Fence Studios Swallowtail Beauty Card #1
- Black heat emboss the butterfly onto a 4 x 5-1/2 piece of Neenah Solar White 80#.
- Use blending brushes to add Gina K inks: Cherry Red, Tangerine Twist, Wild Dandelion.
- Use a dry paper towel to rub off any ink sitting on top of the embossing.
- Mount to a A2 sized top folding black card base.
- Die cut the sentiment pieces in black and white and blend the ink over the letters before attaching to the black ghost piece. Add foam tape to the back and mount to the card base.
Picket Fence Studios Swallowtail Beauty Card #2
- Black Heat emboss the butterfly onto a 4 x 5-1/2 piece of Neenah Solar White 80# card.
- Lay the Fancy Flourishes Stencil over the piece and secure to your work surface.
- Use small blending brushes to add Gina K Ink Cherry Red, Tangerine Twist and Wild Dandelion to just the inside of the wings.
- Mask off the wings with painters tape then use a putty knife to add Snowdrop White Paper Glaze to the background around the butterfly.
- Remove the stencil and wash immediately, set the art piece aside to dry for about 30 minutes.
- Carefully rub the wings with a dry paper towel to remove any ink sitting on top of the embossing.
- Mount to a top folding A2 sized black card base.
- White heat emboss the butterfly on a 4 x 5-1/2 piece of Neenah Solar White 80# card.
- Use blending brushes to add Distress Inks in Twisted Citron, Tumbled Glass and Broken China.
Use a dry cloth to wipe off any excess ink sitting on top of the embossed image.
- Attach to a A2 sized top folding White card base.
- Embellish with Simon Says Stamp Holograph Rainbow Sequins
- Blend the Broken China Ink onto a scrap of White card and cut it out with the sentiment die. Attach to the shadow die cut and add to the bottom right of the card with foam tape.
- Embellish with Simon Says Stamp Holograph Rainbow Sequins.
Now it’s time to hop along and visit my Crafty Friends who have some FABULOUS projects for you. Next up is my lovely friend Sue. If you get lost along the way, here is our list:
used for the Picket Fence Studios Swallowtail Beauty:
Want to find the products I used? I have them listed below. Compensated affiliate links used at no cost to you.
Thank you for your support, it helps to cover my blogging and video expenses.
– LOTS of great sales and New Releases going on this weekend – Check them out here