Hi stamping friends and welcome back. My card share for you today is Simon Says Stamp Celebrating You Today.
Today is World Card Making Day, so let’s celebrate by making cards and sharing with each other.
Here’s hoping you will play along too and enjoy making a card today to celebrate our wonderful industry and hobby.
If you need some retail therapy today (another great way to celebrate WCMD), Lots of great sales are on today to celebrate. I have been updating my Crafty Sales page all morning as the e-mails come pouring in, so check it out, and check again later today as I’ll keep updating.
My parcel from Simon Says Stamp just arrived (YEAH – LOVE new products), with my Stamptember order and I decided to combine a couple of items to create a quick and easy – but very striking fall card.
When I saw the Tumbling Leaves Stencil and the Eucalyptus Leaves Dies, I KNEW I was going to combine them for some pretty cards. This is the first of quite a few of them, haha, along with some Christmas cards coming your way shortly too. (yes, it’s that time). haha. The versatility of these two products is endless.
- I started with a 4 x 5-1/4 piece of Hero Arts Mist card stock and laid the Tumbling Leaves stencil over it, sprayed with Pixie Spray to hold it in place.
- Using a Palette knife, I added Nuvo Expanding Mouse in Worn Linen over the entire piece and then set it aside to dry.
- Next, for die cutting the leaves: I cut the leaves in Neenah Desert Storm (light brown) and some Ranger Distress Water color paper. The brown leaves are sponged in brown ink and the others are water colored with my Gansai Tambi watercolors: 31, 33, 44, and 43.
- The sentiment is from the Simon Says Stamp Daisy Bouquet Stamp Set and its stamped in SSS Khaki die ink onto a scrap of white.
Assembling the Card:
- Once all these pieces were dry, I mounted the stenciled piece with Foam Tape onto a Hero Arts Mist A2 card base.
- The eucalyptus leaf stems are also attached with small pieces of foam tape.
- Next, I mixed a small amount of Winsor & Newton Gouache (white paint) with water and flicked it across the card front.
- After that, and once the paint was dry, I used more Foam tape to attach the sentiment.
- The bow is created with some Copper thread I had in my stash and I attached it along with some copper sequins from the Simon Says Sunken Treasure collection with white glue.
The texture and color in this card are simply amazing, there is so much to feel and see. I hope you will give it a try.
Thanks so much for visiting me today and I hope you enjoyed the project. I’ve listed the products I used below. Clicking on the image will take you directly to the product. Where available I use compensated affiliate links which means if you make a purchase through my link, I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you so very much for your support, it helps to keep my blog and YouTube channel running and I truly appreciate it.
P.S. if you do place an order through my affiliate links, please E-Mail Me with the date and amount along with your name and address as I would love to send you a thank you card.