Have you heard? There is something NEW – Simon Says Stamp Forest Border Embossing Folder. Yep, Simon now has it’s own brand of Embossing Folders and I got to play with one for the NEW Holly Jolly Release that goes live today. I’ve seen a few of the others from fellow design team members and I know you are going to love these, I have them linked below for you.
I’m full on into holiday card making mode right now, so here’s #9 I think (I’ve lost track, haha), this new FOREST BORDER folder makes the perfect backdrop for a fun, fast and super easy holiday card.
I love embossing folders, they can become the major feature of your card or provide an understated background to your art work. They provide additional detail and interest without bulk and work well with many techniques too.
These are the thick version known as the 3-D folders and it took me a few tries to figure out the sandwich for my Spellbinders Platinum 6 machine. Here’s what worked for me.
Sandwich for the Platinum 6 Machine:
- From the bottom up.
- The white base platform
- Cardstock inside the folder
- 2 pieces of cardboard backing from my watercolor paper. (try cardstock first and see if you need more pressure).
Also, if you want really nice deep impressions, spritz your paper with water before embossing.….it really does make a difference.
Instructions to create the Simon Says Stamp Forest Border Embossing Folder card:
- Cut the card base at 7 x 10 – score and fold at 5
- Cut the Silver Glitter paper mat at 4-3/4 x 6-1/4
- The embossed card front is Simons Audrey Blue 4-1/2 x 6″
- Once embossed, use a white gel pen to color in the birch trees and set aside to dry
- Die cut the foliage from scraps of white card stock using the Simon Says Stamp Christmas Foliage die set and the Merry Frame sentiment from blue and white scraps.
- Place a 1-1/2 x 7″ piece of vellum across the front of the embossed image, folding the ends to the back and securing.
- Next, use white glue to attach the card front to the glitter paper and then the card base.
- Add the sentiment with Foam tape and the foliage with white glue.
- Finally, the black sentiment is Simons Reverse Holiday Sentiment Strips also mounted with foam tape.
- Another new product from Simon for this release is the Unicorn Confetti which you can see here on the white holly berries. just a little adds so much glam to your cards.
- Lastly, I added a few Pretty Pink Posh Metallic Gold Jewels in the trees.
NEW EMBOSSING FOLDERS from SIMON SAYS STAMP:
used for the Simon Says Stamp Lifting hearts card:
Want to find the products I used? I have them listed below. Compensated affiliate links used at no cost to you.
Thank you for your support, it helps to cover my blogging and video expenses.
– LOTS of great sales and New Releases going on this week – Check them out here