Hey cardmaking friends and welcome back. Today I’m sharing Simon Says Stamp Joyful Season and a quick and easy card I created with this FABULOUS holiday stamp set.
On a personal note, we have had our house for sale, and have sold it.
Our move is the middle of January (not the best time for a move), but it is what it is. We are moving to Cochrane Alberta which is about 20 minutes outside of Calgary, and 1 hour from Banff. We have extremely limited services here and feels quite isolated, so bring on the move, haha….
Consequently, I’m telling you all this as while I’m working like crazy to get caught up on blog work etc., and trying to work ahead.
As a result of all this, you may see a lack of posts through the beginning of January as we get settled in our new home and get the internet etc. hooked up. Believe me, I will be unpacking as fast as I can.
Countdown to Christmas Videos:
Additionally, I had a new (faster) hard drive put into my video computer and they messed up all my settings, so it’s going back into the shop today for some tweaking. Hopefully I can get the voice over on the next video done this afternoon or tomorrow….this will also greatly speed up my editing process allowing me to make more videos for you.
Let’s get into today’s Simon Says Stamp Joyful Season card shall we.
- This Joyful Season stamp set originally came out with the December Card Kit. It sold out immediately of course, but the stamp set is still available for purchase.
- It’s a big 6 x 8″ set full of many lovely hand drawn sentiments and this fabulous floral cluster to color.
- For today’s card, start by stamping and embossing the sentiment in green embossing powder.
- Next, use a Misti to stamp the image at the top and bottom of the art piece which is 4 x 5-1/4 Hammermill White.
- Use copic markers or colored pencils to color in the image and then add a piece of the Tim Holtz beautiful velvet ribbon across the front. (came in the kit).
- The art piece is mounted to a Neenah Desert Storm A2 Top Folding card base and will mail a Simon Says Stamp red envelope.
- Fast, easy and flat…..all my favorite traits in a Christmas Card. I often pre-stamp a pile of these and then take them and my copics upstairs and color while watching t.v. with Ian
- Card Base: Neenah Desert Storm 5-1/2 x 8-1/2, score and fold at 4-1/4
- Card Front/art Piece – Hammermill white 4 x 5-1/4
- Copics used:
- Red: R05, R27, R29
- Green YG23, YG03, YG57
- Brown: E31, #35,
- Gray: C1, C2
used for the Simon Says Stamp Joyful Season Card:
Want to find the products I used? I have them listed below. Compensated affiliate links used at no cost to you.
Thank you for your support, it helps to cover my blogging and video expenses.
– Some new releases this week and a few good sales to check out – Check them out here