Hello my card making friends. A very Happy Valentines Day to you. Today I’m playing with Simon Says Stamp Lifting Hearts Stamp set along with a bunch of new dies.
I had a total blast making this card. It probably took me over an hour and my die cutting machine got a work out. Read on and don’t forget to download the FREE PDF File for today’s card too.
I’m still creating with Valentine’s stuff, so I’m going to share how to create “other occasions” cards with them. Starting today with this lovely Rainbow Heart Die from Simon Says Stamp December Love You More release and a support card for a friend.
Instructions for the “Simon Says Stamp Lifting Hearts card:
(the downloadable PDF has a supply list, cutting measurements and detailed instructions for the completion of this card).
- Start by die cutting the rainbow heart 6 times out of a rainbow of card stock. Save the extra pieces for other rainbows.
- Next. cut a piece of Audrey Blue card for the card front with the SSS Stitched Rectangle Wafer Dies. I love that beautiful stitched edge.
- Then, die cut the rainbow heart again for the peek a boo window.
- Attached this to a white A2 top folding card base. This gives the heart a background and something to glue the rainbow pieces to.
- Use Tombow Multi-purpose white glue to attach the rainbow pieces.
- Then, use the two smallest dies from the Nested Hearts dies to cut a bunch of small and medium hearts which can then be glued to the front of the card. That would make a great embossing folder idea don’t you think? I love the subtle background this created.
- Use the Misti stamping tool to stamp the bunny and balloons onto Neenah White card stock. Color the image with copics and then use the coordinating die to cut that adorable little guy out.
- Finally, white heat embossed the sentiment onto a scrap of black and cut it out before mounting it with foam tape onto the card.
A finished uplifting card for a dear friend going through the cancer battle.
The rainbow heart could also be used for autism cards, children’s birthdays, background for unicorns, the ideas are endless.
Here’s a close up of my background die cut images.
This is also fun to do with circles, or I could have used the balloon die in the coordinating die set as well. You probably have something in your stash that would work
used for the Simon Says Stamp Lifting hearts card:
Want to find the products I used? I have them listed below. Compensated affiliate links used at no cost to you.
Thank you for your support, it helps to cover my blogging and video expenses.