Hey card making friends and welcome back. Today’s card is Simon Says Stamp Snowflake Builder Card 3 and I’m sliding in just under the wire for my last Christmas in July post.
The Snowflake Builder stamp set is a beautiful 6 x 8 set from Simon that originally debuted this last January in the Snowflake Builder Card Kit. While that kit is long sold out the set is available as a single item from Simon Says Stamp.
The fun part about this stamp set is you can stamp the snowflakes individually, or there are some you can layer over each other. This set was specifically designed for that purpose. The stamps that layer have a light dash outline around them on the cover plate.
Instructions for the Simon Says Stamp Snowflake Builder Card 3
I started by blending a background in Distress Oxides. From the bottom up: Blueprint Sketch, Mermaid Lagoon and Tumbled Glass
Next I stamped a large snowflake in Versamark Ink, and heat embossed it in white. I repeated the step with the smaller flake from the set to create the fabulous white snowflake on the left of the card.
- Next I stamped the largest snowflake and heat embossed that in gold, then one of the small double set snowflakes also in gold.
- I colored in the large sections of the big snowflake with the Blueprint sketch distress oxide reinker and a brush and let it dry.
- The second stamp for the largest snowflake was then stamped directly over the gold one and heat embossed in White.
- NOTE – I can’t express how important the anti static pouch is for all these steps, as there are lots of wet sticky surfaces after each application, and you don’t want the embossing powder sticking to them.
- The sentiment was white heat embossed next.
- I splattered some gold and white ink onto the surface and let it all dry.
- For some added interest on the large gold snowflake top right, I filled in some of the tips with Nuvo Drops in Cloud 9 and Dragon Scales
- Finally, I added a few clear rhinestones for some bling
I love the depth in this card, not only from the blended background, but the layered snowflakes too.
used for the Simon Says Stamp Lifting hearts card:
Want to find the products I used? I have them listed below. Compensated affiliate links used at no cost to you.
Thank you for your support, it helps to cover my blogging and video expenses.
– LOTS of great sales and New Releases going on this week – Check them out here