Hey crafty friends, welcome back. Today I have a couple of cards to share with you created with the March Simon Says Stamp Spring Windows Card kit.
I’m low on birthday cards, so this was the perfect opportunity to start replenishing my stash.
There are still a few of these kits left, so order soon if you want one as these kits always sell out quickly.
Before we get into the cards, let’s wish Simon Says Stamp a happy 19th Birthday, and to celebrate, they are having a 19% Off storewide sale for the weekend.
Use code: 19YRS21 – good through Feb 21 – Visit SIMON SAYS STAMP
As usual this kit is fabulous, and stuffed full of great products as you can see by the list below.
What’s in the Kit:
- NEW Simon Says Stamp Spring Windows 6 x 8 Clear Stamp Set
- Also NEW – Simon says Stamp beautiful Die set
- 12 double sided sheets of Carta Bella Flower Garden 6 x 6 papers
- I package of Tim Holtz Idea-ology Quote Flair (buttons)
- 1 sheet of Tim Holtz Idea-ology Sentiments Label Stickers
- 3 assorted Tim Holtz Ranger Distress Markers
- 1 sheet of Simon Says Stamp Acetate 4.25 x 5.5
- 1 sheet of Simon Says Stamp Vellum cardstock
- 1 sheet of Simon Says Stamp Surf Blue cardstock
- 1 sheet of Simon Says Stamp watercolor cardstock
- 1 sheet of Neenah 100lb Desert Storm cardstock
- 1 Simon Says Stamp A2 Metallic Sea Glass envelope
- 1 Simon Says Stamp A2 Metallic Silver envelope
So many fabulous items in these kits each month, and I always have lots of left overs for more projects.
Card #1 – Simon Says Stamp Spring Windows Stamped Card:
Start by choosing a piece of the Carta Bella Flower Garden patterned paper and use those colors to color the stamped window image.
Cut the card base from Surf Blue and the floral paper is cut at 4 x 5-1/4
Use the Misti to stamp the Spring Windows image onto Hammermill Cardstock.
The kit contains Ranger Distress Markers. Use them to add the color to the flowers and leaves.
I deviated from the kit by using Copic Markers to color the shutters and the window frame.
- Shutters: BG0000, BG10, BG11, BG13
- Windows: B41
- hardware Y26, Y28
Die cut the New Beautiful Die set to cut the sentiment in the Surf Blue and White
Use one of the Tim Holtz Idea-ology Sentiments Label Stickers from the kit for the “happy birthday”.
Finally, once the card is completed, use a small bottle of Glossy Accents over the windows to make them shiny. A small bottle came in last months kit.
Card #2 – No Stamping:
To challenge myself to use as many of the pieces in this kit as possible I created the second card by highlights the Carta Bella Flower Garden 6 x 6 patterned paper in the kit.
Start with a A2 card base cut from the Desert Storm cardstock and a black mat cut at 54 x 5-1/4.
Add a 3-7/8 x 5-1/8 piece of the pattern paper for the card front
Choose one of the printed sentiments and trim it out and then attach it to a slightly larger mat piece in black.
Attach the sentiment piece to the center of the card front with Foam Squares to pop it up slightly.
Finally, use a double layer of Foam Squares to attach the Tim Holtz idea-ology Flair button at the bottom of the card.
At $39.99 these kits are a fabulous price point, to purchase all the products separately would probably be around $70. You can order individually each month, or you can SUBSCRIBE to receive the kit each month without worrying about it being sold out.
used for the Simon Says Stamp Spring Windows Card Kit Cards:
Want to find the products I used? I have them listed below. Compensated affiliate links used at no cost to you.
Thank you for your support, it helps to cover my blogging and video expenses.
– LOTS of great sales and New Releases going on this week – Check them out here