Hey there card making friends It’s that time again for the Spellbinders March Blog Hop.
With 25 fabulous designers on the hop this month you get a pile of amazing new card ideas.
We are covering the Spellbinders monthly kits released on the first of each month. The small and large Die of the Month, The Glimmer Hot Foil of the Month, the Stamp Set of the Month, and the Amazing Paper Grace Die of the month.
Likewise, each month there are new kits for each and many of them coordinate too so it’s fun to combine them.
With 23 dies in this set it’s truly large and creative ideas flow. You get, flowers, bunnies, chicks, lambs, flowers, grass, sentiments and levers.
However, I have chosen not to use the levers today mostly because I have not unpacked my brads yet, (LOL, there in a box somewhere).
I have a video below showing you how the lever part works.
To celebrate this release, Spellbinders are giving away a $50 gift certificate to 3 lucky blog readers – selected from the comments their blog. Giveaway closes on Sunday, March 14th, 11:59 pm MST.
The winner will be announced on the Spellbinders blog post the following Tuesday. The winner is responsible for shipping cost, duties and taxes.
Win these cards. I will mail both these cards to one winner. Simply leave a comment here on my blog to enter. A random draw will be made March 15th and will be announced on my blog that morning.
Let’s get Started on the Cards:
First off: Use the Glimmer machine to Glimmer all 5 of the sentiment plates in this month’s kit. That gives you choices for your cards, and spares for another day. I used Gold foil as it’s my favorite color.
Next, use the two floral dies in the set. One cuts a small and large overlay flower and the other the stem. Cut enough of them to glue together and cover the card front to create a wallpaper background.
You can use an embossing folder for the background, it would be faster, LOL, but I wanted the same shape as the overlaid flowers.
Card #1 Spellbinders March Blog Hop:
- Next, cut the floral pieces again out of a light and dark of 4 colors of card stock.
- (I am using the beautiful NEW Spellbinders cardstock the colors are just fabulous, and I’ve linked it at the end of the post for you).
- Use the largest of the Classic Oval dies to die cut the sentiment and attach it to the right side of the card.
- White glue is ideal for attaching the flowers as it gives a bit of wiggle room before it dries.
- Finally, a sprinkle of Pink Fresh Studio Essentials Jewels provides the perfect amount of bling.
Tips for the Second card:
- Cut and create the bunny and the flowers.
- Next, attach a piece of patterned paper to the card front and then die cut 3 layers of grass from green.
- After that, layer them across the bottom, with foam squares in between the first and second layer to add some depth. This also allows easy insert of the bunny and flowers.
- Use the Standard Circles die to cut out the sentiment and attach that with foam squares over on the right and trim off any overhang.
- Next, add the bunny and the flowers using small bits of Foam squares to add dimension to the card.
- The small flowers are from the Small Die of the Month project (view here).
- Finally, add a bit of white gel pen for highlights.
To enter the draw, leave a comment before you leave for a chance to win the cards.
Here is the video sharing how the lever works for these adorable interactive cards:
BLOG HOP ORDER
Giveaways and Promos
Visit the Spellbinders Blog Post Here for your chance to win a $50. USD gift card by leaving a comment
Check out the Papercrafting Tool Sweepstakes over at the Spellbinders SHOP –
Three lucky winners will receive a Platinum Die Cutting Machine and Papercrafting Tool Bundle
ENTER HERE for your chance to win
Get up to 40% OFF on the fabulous STAMPALOOZA SALE
used for the Spellbinders March Blog Hop Cards:
Want to find the products I used? I have them listed below. Compensated affiliate links used at no cost to you.
Thank you for your support, it helps to cover my blogging and video expenses.