Hi stamping friends and welcome back. Today I have a blast from the past for you in the Tim Holtz Crazy Birds Water colored.
NOTE – If you are reading this in an e-mail – please CLICK HERE to visit my blog to download the free PDF file for today’s card share.
I have not played with these stamps in FOREVER – But – the Wednesday Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Blog this week, is Masculine Cards and they are showcasing Tim Holtz Products…..so I happily dug these Crazy Birds out and had some watercolor fun.
Colors for the Tim Holtz Crazy Birds Water colored:
I used my Gansai Tambi watercolor set for today’s card:
- Purple Bird: #34 and #139
- Blue Bird: #55 and #57
- Green/Yellow/Blue bird: #62, #61 #43 #51
- Background: #43, #51 and 55
- I used my Misti to stamp the birds in VersaFine Onyx Black Ink (it’s waterproof) onto the Canson Watercolor Paper.
- I colored my Crazy Birds and once they were dry, placed them back into my Misti and over stamped in black again to refresh the lines.
- Next, I cut them out with the coordinating dies.
- For the card front I water colored onto a piece of Ranger Watercolor paper. When it was dry, I attached it to the mat with 1/4″ Scor Tape and then to the card base with Foam Tape to add a little dimension to the card..
- I White Heat Embossed the sentiment and attached it.
- I die cut a black flower silhouette from the Wildflowers dies for a little “background noise” and attached it using the Tombow Multi-purpose glue.
- Then attached my birds using Foam Tape…..
BAM – I’m done….fast and easy and so much fun…Give them a go, bet you can’t color just 3!….
Click the button above to download a free PDF file for this card and don’t forget to check my FREE PDF Gallery for more fun card ideas.
The lovely folks over at Simon Says Stamp are generously giving away a FABULOUS $50 voucher to shop at the Simon Says Stamp Store! All you have to do is take out your crafty supplies, make something following this week’s prompt, and add a link in the inlinkz at the bottom of their post here. You can join 5 times so you could have 5 chances to win! How AWESOME is that! All winners are chosen randomly, so everyone has an equal chance to win! CLICK HERE to visit the challenge page, Good luck and happy stamping
Thanks so much for visiting me today and I hope you enjoyed the project. I’ve listed the products I used below. Clicking on the image will take you directly to the product. Where available I use compensated affiliate links which means if you make a purchase through my link, I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you so very much for your support, it helps to keep my blog and YouTube channel running and I truly appreciate it.
P.S. if you do place an order through my affiliate links, please E-Mail Me with the date and amount along with your name and address as I would love to send you a thank you card.
for the Tim HOltz Crazy Birds Water colored card: