Hi crafty friends and welcome back. Today I’m up on the Tonic Studio blog with a Tonic Studios Botanical Burst Fall Card.
I can’t get enough of these Nuvo Aqua Flow Pens, so here they are again – Ok – I switched out the colors, haha….The Botanical Burst stamp set is a lovely and large 6 x 8 set with three large floral stamps just begging to be colored. There are also seven sentiment stamps to go with them. Beautifully illustrated, perfect for coloring and can be used for any season by simply changing out the colors.
I started by black heat embossing the image onto a piece of Craft Perfect Watercolor paper and then used a fall section of Aqua Flow Pens to color the image.
Look closely, you will see I blended yellow with a lot of the colors in order to add depth and imitate the beautiful fall foliage out my studio window.
Nuvo Aqua Flow Pens I Used:
- Indigo Dawn and Black from the Winter Skies set
- Cinnamon Stick from the Arabian Nights set
- Mango Mimosa from the Surprise Party set
- Matador Red and Pressed Olive from the Festive Season set
The ridge of black embossing not only adds definition to my piece, it helps to capture and contain the colors within the spots I want them. This is especially helpful when blending colors.
When the piece was dry, I fussy cut it out and added some foam tape to the back.
- For the background, I used another piece of watercolor paper taped down to my Tonic Glass Mat. I spritzed water all over it and then gently shook some Nuvo Shimmer Powders over it in Golden Sparkler and Solar Flare. I picked up the paper and tilted it to move the color around and then set it aside to dry. Once dry, I cut it down to 4 x 5-1/4, laid it back on the glass surface, along with my art piece and splattered some white Gouache (white Paint) onto both, and black onto just the background.
- This beautiful background was then attached to a Craft Perfect Bright White A2 card base.
- I used stitched rectangle dies to cut out the black frame and attached that with foam tape before attaching my floral spray over it.
- For the sentiment, I used a stamp from the new Celebrate Sentiments set and white heat embossed it onto a scrap of Jet Black cardstock.
- The final embellishment was a few drops of Nuvo Crystal Drops in Ebony Black.
Thanks so much for visiting me today and I hope you enjoyed the project. I’ve listed the products I used below. Clicking on the image will take you directly to the product. Where available I use compensated affiliate links which means if you make a purchase through my link, I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you so very much for your support, it helps to keep my blog and YouTube channel running and I truly appreciate it.
P.S. if you do place an order through my affiliate links, please E-Mail Me with the date and amount along with your name and address as I would love to send you a thank you card.