Hi stamping friends and welcome back. Today I have a rainbow of birds for you, LOL…I created this adorable CAS card with the September Look For the Rainbows stamp set from Simon Says Stamp.
I hope you had fun yesterday with our first BIG – Crafty Friends blog hop. I know we had a few broken links first thing in the morning. They were all fixed shortly thereafter and it’s seriously worth doing the hop, so many amazing cards from those lovely ladies.
Sometimes you just want to sit and create a simple card and that was my mind set this morning. I loved the little birds in this new Look For the Rainbows stamp set so I decided to color them up in the colors of the rainbow, along with a few leaves and a branch from the set.
Tips and Tricks for the “A Rainbow of Birds” card:
- First up, the background is die cut with the Stitched Rectangles dies and then I used the Life Changing Brushes and Peacock Feathers Distress Ink to create a little blue background for them.
- Next I spritzed on a little shimmer water to distress the ink a bit (white Perfect Pearls mixed with water in a Tim Holtz Distress Sprayer)
- I stamped the images in Memento Tuxedo black onto Neenah 80# solar white card stock and colored them with my copics (listed in the PDF below).
- Next, I cut them out and used my Black Tombow Marker to make the edges black before attaching them to the card with glue dots.
- Then I used Foam Tape to attach them to the Audrey blue card base (that came in the kit).
- My final embellishment is a sprinkling of sequins from the SSS Sunken Treasure Sequins mix.
I shared another card last week from this card kit using the flowers from the stamp set – and you can see that post here
Thanks so much for visiting me today and I hope you enjoyed the project. I’ve listed the products I used below. Clicking on the image will take you directly to the product. Where available I use compensated affiliate links which means if you make a purchase through my link, I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you so very much for your support, it helps to keep my blog and YouTube channel running and I truly appreciate it.
P.S. if you do place an order through my affiliate links, please E-Mail Me with the date and amount along with your name and address as I would love to send you a thank you card.
for the “A Rainbow of Birds” card: