Sandi MacIver – Papercraft Artist – Simple Hero Arts – Rose Stem Die Combo
Hi stamping friends and welcome back. It’s my turn to post over on the A Blog Named Hero blog today and I have another fun post for you – Simple Hero Arts – Rose Stem Die Combo Card.
Our challenge theme for April is CAS (Clean and Simple Cards).
I created a clean and simple card to share with you today, and I was binge watching Netflix while I was colouring and got a little carried away, so I did a stepped up version for you too. Flowers are my FAV to colour, so I just couldn’t stop at one rose, you know how it is right? LOL.
Especially this wild rose. I had a beautiful bush at my house in Vernon and my neighbor and I used to call it “Mr. Prickly”, it had the most beautiful fragrant flowers, but when you had to trim it, you took your life in your hands…..these little pretties are a lot easier to handle, haha.
TIPS & TRICKS for Today’s Hero Arts – Rose Stem Die Combo Card – Card 1 – Simple Card:
- I stamped the image in Hero Arts Intense Black Ink onto Neenah Solar White card stock and then coloured the image with copic markers, the flower: RV10, RV17 and the blender pen. The leaves BG 45, YG03 and the blender pen. – I was feeling wild and crazy so I coloured the leaves green and blue, haha, all green would be just fine too.
- I die cut the image out using the coordinating die.
- I cut a piece of Dove White 4 x 5-1/4 and used the Hero Arts watercolors – Pink and Black to splatter my card front.
- When the card front piece was dry I used Hero Hues Black Die Ink to stamp the sentiment from the Hero Arts Sending Smiles stamp set.
- I used foam tape to mount the card front to an A2 card base and then attached the floral image also with small pieces of foam tape to pop it up and add a little depth to the card.
Tips & Tricks for Card #2
- I started the same by stamping and colouring the flowers twice more – NOTE – I did not colour the leaves this time, I left them black and white.
- I die cut the floral image out and set it aside.
- I used the Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangle Wafer Dies to cut a piece of Hero Arts Peony card stock (pink) for the card front and again splattered it with pink and black liquid watercolor from those cool little Hero Arts Bottles.
- While I waited for the splatter to dry, I die cut the word Hello from Tonic Polished Gold mirror card stock and white heat embossed the other sentiment on black, using the Hero Greetings Sending Smiles stamp and die combo set.
- I cut the leaves away from the flowers and again used foam tape to attach the flowers to the card front. I trimmed the pieces hanging off the sides, but left the top and bottom ones to hang over.
- Next I attached the card front to the card base with 1/4″ scor tape.
- I attached both sentiments with thin strips of foam tape.
- I thought about adding some sequins, but decided I had enough going on with the splatter in the background. Sometimes you just have to stop right, haha.
- Click the button below for a FREE PDF Download for Today’s Card and check out my FREE PDF Gallery for more fun card ideas.
That’s it for today’s share, be sure to check out – AND SUBSCRIBE to A BLOG Named HERO – for more great card ideas from the other Designers too – and it’s a challenge blog, so create a clean and simple card and Load it to the challenge page to play along with us, you might win a gift certificate from Hero Arts.
Thanks so much for visiting me today and I hope you enjoyed the project. I’ve listed the products I used below. Clicking on the image will take you directly to the product. Where available I use compensated affiliate links which means if you make a purchase through my link, I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you so very much for your support, it helps to keep my blog and YouTube channel running and I truly appreciate it.
P.S. if you do place an order through my affiliate links, please E-Mail Me with the date and amount along with your name and address as I would love to send you a thank you card. Unfortunately the affiliate program does not provide that information for us but I believe in saying thank you and love to mail out cards too.
for the Hero Arts – Rose Stem Die Combo