Hi stamping friends and welcome back. I’m Up over on the A Blog Named Hero blog today and I have another fun post for you – Simple Hero Arts – Rose Stem Die Combo Card.
Our challenge theme for April is CAS (Clean and Simple Cards).
I created a clean and simple card to share with you today. I was binge watching Netflix while I was colouring and got a little carried away, so I did a stepped up version for you too. Flowers are my FAV to colour.
Especially this wild rose. I had a beautiful bush at my house in Vernon and my neighbor and we called it “Mr. Prickly”. It had the most beautiful fragrant flowers, but when you had to trim it, you took your life in your hands. These little pretties are a lot easier to handle, haha.
TIPS & TRICKS for Today’s Hero Arts Rose Stem Die Combo Card – Card 1 – Simple Card:
- Stamp the image in Hero Arts Intense Black Ink onto Hammermill card stock and then color the image with copic markers.
- The flower: RV10, RV17 and the blender pen. The leaves BG 45, YG03 and the blender pen. – I was feeling wild and crazy so I coloured the leaves green and blue. haha, all green would be just fine too.
- Die cut the image out using the coordinating die.
- Next, for the card front, cut a piece of Dove White 4 x 5-1/4 and use the Hero Arts watercolors – Pink and Black to splatter the card front.
- When the card front piece is dry, use Hero Hues Black Die Ink to stamp the sentiment from the Hero Arts Sending Smiles stamp set.
- Finally, use foam tape to mount the card front to an A2 card base. Attach the floral image also with small pieces of foam tape to pop it up and add a little depth to the card.
Tips & Tricks for Hero Arts Rose Stem Die Combo Card #2
- Card 2 starts the same by stamping and coloring the flowers twice more. NOTE:I did not colour the leaves this time, I left them black and white.
- Next, die cut the floral image out and set it aside.
- Use the Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangle Wafer Dies to cut a piece of Hero Arts Peony card stock (pink) for the card front.
- Splatter it with pink and black liquid watercolor from those cool little Hero Arts Bottles.
- While waiting for the splatter to dry, die cut the word Hello from Tonic Polished Gold mirror card stock . White heat embossed the other sentiment on black, using the Hero Greetings Sending Smiles stamp and die combo set.
- Cut the leaves away from the flowers and again use foam tape to attach the flowers to the card front. Trim the pieces hanging off the sides, but leave the top and bottom ones to hang over.
- Next attach the card front to the card base with 1/4″ scor tape.
Adding the Sentiments:
- Attach both sentiments with thin strips of foam tape.
- I thought about adding some sequins, but decided I had enough going on with the splatter in the background. Sometimes you just have to stop right, haha.
- Click the button below for a FREE PDF Download for Today’s Card and check out my FREE PDF Gallery for more fun card ideas.
NOTE: Sadly, the stamp used in this post is now retired. In the links below I have added a couple of current stamp sets that would be great alternatives.
That’s it for today’s share, be sure to check out – AND SUBSCRIBE to A BLOG Named HERO – for more great card ideas from the other Designers too. It’s a challenge blog, so create a clean and simple card and Load it to the challenge page to play along with us, you might win a gift certificate from Hero Arts.
Thanks so much for visiting me today and I hope you enjoyed the project. I’ve listed the products I used below. Clicking on the image will take you directly to the product. Where available I use compensated affiliate links which means if you make a purchase through my link, I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you so very much for your support, it helps to keep my blog and YouTube channel running and I truly appreciate it.
P.S. if you do place an order through my affiliate links, please E-Mail Me with the date and amount along with your name and address as I would love to send you a thank you card. Unfortunately the affiliate program does not provide that information for us but I believe in saying thank you and love to mail out cards too.
Never Miss a Post – Subscribe to my blog posts.
Visit my Card Making PDF Gallery for 350+ more card ideas
Card Making Supplies used for the Hero Arts Rose Stem Die Combo Cards:
Here are the products I used today. Compensated affiliate links used where available at no cost to you.
When you click on a thumbnail link and shop you are supporting my website allowing me to continue bringing you new projects and videos. Thank you.
– LOTS of great Paper Crafting Sales and New Releases going on this week – Check them out here
Shop my Favorite Brands