Hi stampers, a NEW VIDEO How to Watercolor with Tombow Markers is on the agenda today. I’m also creating with a New Penny Black Stamp “Harmony” stamp – you know me and flowers, haha.
Are you like me and bought Tombow markers 20 years ago and have not touched them in awhile? Well, dig into your stash and drag them out friends, because today we are going to watercolor with them.
Don’t have Tombow Markers? no problem, there are links below and they are inexpensive and fun to play with…and seriously, mine are 20 years old and still juicy so good value too.
How to Watercolor with Tombow Markers Card – basic instructions:
- I started by heat embossing the image in black onto a piece of watercolor paper.
- Next, I colored the images with my Tombow Markers. I used three shades of Turquoise and then shaded with Chocolate Brown #969 – watch the video – I color the entire image for you in about a minute – haha, I’m fast!
- As there is no die, I fussy cut the image out – and share a couple of VERY IMPORTANT tips about that.
- I next added a watercolor card front (I did the card on the left first), then a die cut frame for added interest.
- The sentiment is white embossed on black to really make it pop and finally, I embellished with the NEW Nuvo Stone Drops – Gold Rush.
I used Stitched Square Dies to create the frame for a little more definition, I love how it frames the main flowers in my stamped image.
Lastly I carried the blue and brown theme through to the mat in my card base using Gina K Kraft card stock, just to pull the whole image together.
Here is the video for this fun technique you can watch it below, or over on my YOUTUBE channel in HD
By the time I had finished the video, I had a second flower all colored, so I cut it out and changed up the background.
I know not everyone loves a watercolor background, so this one is embossed with the Guirlandes embossing folder from Carabelle Studio, I JUST LOVE those lines and dots and I feel like I have not embossed in like forever! haha It created a beautiful white on white textured card base for those who love a clean and simple card.
Thanks so much for visiting me today and I hope you enjoyed the NEW VIDEO How to Watercolor with Tombow Markers projecst. I’ve listed the products I used below.
Clicking on the image will take you directly to the product. Where available I use compensated affiliate links which means if you make a purchase through my link, I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you so very much for your support, it helps to keep my blog and YouTube channel running and I truly appreciate it.
P.S. if you do place an order through my affiliate links, please E-Mail Me with the date and amount along with your name and address as I would love to send you a thank you card.
NEW VIDEO – How to Watercolor with Tombow Markers Card Supply List: