Hi stamping friends and welcome back. Today I am rewinding back to a post I shared in August as the paint is back in stock, so here is a NEW VIDEO – Cosmos Bloom Pearlized.
When I posted this card, I received a lot of e-mails asking for a video. You loved it so much, you bought all the paint from Simon Says Stamp and I have been waiting for it to be back in stock haha.
YEAH – It’s back in stock yesterday, so here’s the video on how fast and easy it is to create these beautiful results on dark cardstock with the FINETEC Pearlescent Colors paints.
Creating the Cosmos Bloom Pearlized Card:
For today’s Card Making Video we are using this awesome Simon Says Stamp, Cosmos Bloom background stamp – 6 x 6 inches in red rubber, LOVE IT.
Also, some new watercolor paints, FineTec Pearlescent colors. These watercolors are fabulous on black as the pigment is pearlized with Mica and sits up on top of the paper.
If you like this project – PIN and save it for later
One thing I was not counting on was how hard it was going to be to take a picture if it. With all that bling going on, plus the lights, yowza. This is about the best I could do, but let me tell you this card is just FAB in real life.
Steps to Creating the Simon Says Stamp Cosmos Bloom Pearlescent Card:
- Start by gold heat embossed that lovely stamp onto Black Black SSS cardstock, then use a #4 watercolor brush to add the pigment.
- Artist Tip: Use a super Fine Gold Embossing powder to emboss with. There are lots of details in that background stamp and you want them to shine!
Note – There is a ridge around the stamp, so cut your cardstock larger than your finished size so you can trim it to 4-1/4 x 5-1/2.
- Use water direct on the paint and paint with Copper and Olympic Gold. (I used Arabic Gold in the video which is why it looks a little more brassy. My overhead video lights didn’t help either).
- Next, once the painting is finished, let it dry before trimming it down to size.
- Attach it to the front of a A2 black card base.
- Finally, black heat embossed a sentiment onto Gold Foil cardstock and used foam tape to attach it to the card front.
This set of FineTec Pearlescent Colours includes: Copper, Bronze, Olympic Gold, Arabic Gold, Champagne Silver and Silver. Made of mica they have a fabulous metallic shine.
Dissolve the paints with water and apply with a brush or water pen. They are ideal for creating special effects or coloring an entire image as I did here. The colors adhere to all absorbent surfaces such as paper, wood and gypsum.
Adding the Sentiment:
Keep the sentiment simple.
Black emboss the SSS Greeting Mix 1 onto a piece of Tonic Polished Gold Mirror card stock.
Trim and attach with foam squares for some depth.
This stamp is fabulous for all four seasons. Here we have a fall card. I have also used my copic markers on another card I shared here:
I’m looking forward to trying it in some spring colors very soon too. Cosmos are such bright happy flowers and so fun to color. I’m also considering Christmas cards……stay tuned on that.
Click the button to download the FREE PDF for today’s card and the supplies I used are listed below with clickable links.
Never Miss a Post – Subscribe to my blog posts.
Visit my Card Making PDF Gallery for 350+ more card ideas
Card Making Supplies used for the New Video – Cosmos Bloom Pearlized Card:
Here are the products I used today. Compensated affiliate links used where available at no cost to you.
When you click on a thumbnail link and shop you are supporting my website allowing me to continue bringing you new projects and videos. Thank you.
– LOTS of great Paper Crafting Sales and New Releases going on this week – Check them out here
Shop my Favorite Brands