Sandi MacIver – Papercraft artist – Simon Says Stamp Beautiful Day Card – In 10 minutes or less
Welcome back stamping friends, today I’m sharing a super fast and easy card created with the Simon Says Stamp Beautiful Day Stamp set and it’s also a card for last week’s SSS Challenge – Black White and one other Colour.
Unfortunately, life got in the way this past week and I didn’t get it loaded for their challenge….. sigh! I’m sure you know how that goes, ANYWAY, I wanted to share with you, the tools I used, and a downloadable PDF file for you to print off and save too because this CIRCLE LEAVES Die rocks and made this card a breeze to create! The supplies I used are listed at the end of this post with affiliate links where possible.
Tips & Tricks for the Simon Says Stamp Beautiful Day Card – In 10 Minutes or Less:
- I started by sponging a piece of Neenah 80# Solar White cardstock with the Peacock Feathers Distress Oxides.
- Next I took another piece of the Neenah 80# cardstock starting at 4 x 5-1/4 and used the Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangle Wafer Die in my Big Shot to cut down the panel and provide that beautifully stitched edge to frame my artwork.
- I placed the Circle Leaves die near the top of that panel and ran it through the BIG Shot again, to complete my card front. I stamped the sentiment from Beautiful Day in the bottom left corner in VersaFine Onyx black.
- I layered the sponged piece behind the die piece with Gina K Foam Squares to create some depth before attaching it to my Neenah 110# Solar White A2 card base.
- For the butterflies, I grabbed a small scrap of Ranger White watercolor paper and stamped both butterflies in VersaFine Onyx black and then used my Turquoise Green Zig Brush marker to add a little colour to them before cutting them out with the coordinating dies.
- I used small pieces of Gina K Foam Squares to attach the butterflies and then added a bit of bling with the Pretty Pink Posh Party Mix (LOVE all the pretty rhinestones in this little bag of goodness).
- Finally, I used a clear Wink of Stella brush to add some glittery loveliness to the white spots on the butterflies.
A Note about the Simon Says Stamp Circle Leaves Die:
It cuts a 3 inch circle and the leaves out at the same time, with one trip through the Big Shot – amazing right? You could also use a leaf die and your layering circles if you don’t have this beautiful die, but it will take you twice as long. AND, if you just need the circle: 6 little snips releases those leaves to save for another project leaving you a perfect circle. – LOVE the versatility of this die.
I just received Both the Circle Leaves Die and the Beautiful Day stamp/die bundle in my recently Simon Says Stamp order, and I can assure you, you will be seeing them again, LOL, I would recommend them as great basics to anyone’s crafting stash.
Hope you enjoyed today’s card and click the button below to download a FREE PDF to save in your “ideas” File.
Thanks so much for visiting me today:
I’ve listed the products I used below. Clicking on the image will take you directly to the product. Where available I use compensated affiliate links which means if you make a purchase through my link, I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you so very much for your support, it helps to keep my blog and YouTube channel running and I truly appreciate it.
for the Simon Says Stamp Beautiful Day Card – In 10 minutes or less