Sandi MacIver – Papercraft Artist – Simon Says Stamp snow Much
What do you do when it’s -39 outside and snowing? Turn on the fireplace, make tea and colour snowmen of course!…hahah.. with two corgis curled up at my feet, that is exactly how I spent yesterday. I’m also participating in The Daily Marker 30 Day Coloring Challenge so stay tuned for lots more colouring.
I recently receive this Simon Says Stamp Snow Much Stamp set which I believe was part of their January card kit which is sold out, but you can order the kit supplies separately and I couldn’t resist this adorable little snowman. (I’m pretty much in love with the penguin too – he’ll debut soon).
Tips & Tricks for my Simon Says Stamp Snow Much Card:
- I started with a piece of Neenah Solar White 80# cardstock. I sponged on Distress Oxide Ink in Peacock Feathers, Cracked Pistachio and Mermaid Lagoon.
- When I was happy with that, I white heat embossed the sentiment and the snowflakes.
- Next, I splattered some water and white paint all over and set the piece aside to dry.
- Once Dry, I cut it out with the Wonky Rectangles Dies (the largest one) and cut a scrap of white cardstock with the Stitched Slopes and Hills Dies to create the snow behind the little snowmen. I mounted both pieces to my Simon Says Stamp Audrey Blue card base A2 size with foam tape.
- I stamped the snowmen on another piece of Neenah Solar White 80# cardstock and stamped the snowmen twice in Hero Arts Intense Black Ink.
- Then I used my copics to colour the little fellows:
Gray: C0, C1, C2 – Red: R24, R29, R39, Blue: BG32, BG34 BG 15 Nose: Y17, YR04
- I kept the colouring quite simple and added a few highlights with my White Ranger Gel Pen before attaching the red one with glue dots and the green one with foam tape.
- Once attached, I used the gray copic markers to add a bit of shadow under them
- Finally, I added a few different sized white sequins from the Simon Says Stamp Girls Best Friend Confetti.
Thanks so much for visiting me today:
I’ve listed the products I used below. Clicking on the image will take you directly to the product. Where available I use compensated affiliate links which means if you make a purchase through my link, I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you so very much for your support, I truly appreciate it.
for the Simon Says Stamp Snow Much card: