What do you do when it’s -39 outside and snowing? Turn on the fireplace, make tea and colour snowmen of course!…hahah.. with two corgis curled up at my feet, that is exactly how I spent yesterday, coloring the Simon Says Stamp Snow Much Snowmen cards. I’m also participating in The Daily Marker 30 Day Coloring Challenge so stay tuned for lots more colouring.
I recently receive this Simon Says Stamp Snow Much Stamp set which I believe was part of their January card kit which is sold out, but you can order the kit supplies separately and I couldn’t resist this adorable little snowman. (I’m pretty much in love with the penguin too – he’ll debut soon).
Tips & Tricks for my Simon Says Stamp Snow Much Card:
- Start with a piece of Hammermill white cardstock. Sponge on Distress Oxide Ink in Peacock Feathers, Cracked Pistachio and Mermaid Lagoon.
- White heat embossed the sentiment and the snowflakes.
- Next, splatter some water and white paint all over and set the piece aside to dry.
- Next, once dry, cut it out with the Wonky Rectangles Dies (the largest one) and cut a scrap of white cardstock with the Stitched Slopes and Hills Dies to create the snow behind the little snowmen.
- Mount both pieces to the Simon Says Stamp Audrey Blue card base A2 size with foam tape.
Creating the Simon Says Stamp Snow Much Snowmen:
- Finally, stamp the snowmen on another piece of Hammermill cardstock and stamp the snowmen twice in Hero Arts Intense Black Ink.
- Use copics to colour the little fellows:
Gray: C0, C1, C2 – Red: R24, R29, R39, Blue: BG32, BG34 BG 15 Nose: Y17, YR04
- Keep the coloring simple and add a few highlights with a White Ranger Gel Pen.
- Next, attach the red one with glue dots and the green one with foam tape.
- Once attached, use the gray copic markers to add a bit of shadow under them
- Finally, add a few different sizes of white sequins from the Simon Says Stamp Girls Best Friend Confetti.
Never Miss a Post – Subscribe to my blog posts.
Visit my Card Making PDF Gallery for 350+ more card ideas
Card Making Supplies used for the Simon Says Stamp Snow Much card:
Here are the products I used today. Compensated affiliate links used where available at no cost to you.
When you click on a thumbnail link and shop you are supporting my website allowing me to continue bringing you new projects and videos. Thank you.
Sadly the Snow Much stamp set has been discontinued, but I have substituted a newer stamp set that will work really well with this card layout.
– LOTS of great Paper Crafting Sales and New Releases going on this week – Check them out here
Shop my Favorite Brands