What do you do when it’s -39 outside and snowing? Turn on the fireplace, make tea and colour snowmen of course!…hahah.. with two corgis curled up at my feet, that is exactly how I spent yesterday, coloring the Simon Says Stamp Snow Much Snowmen cards. I’m also participating in The Daily Marker 30 Day Coloring Challenge so stay tuned for lots more colouring.
I recently receive this Simon Says Stamp Snow Much Stamp set which I believe was part of their January card kit which is sold out, but you can order the kit supplies separately and I couldn’t resist this adorable little snowman. (I’m pretty much in love with the penguin too – he’ll debut soon).
Tips & Tricks for my Simon Says Stamp Snow Much Card:
- Start with a piece of Hammermill white cardstock. Sponge on Distress Oxide Ink in Peacock Feathers, Cracked Pistachio and Mermaid Lagoon.
- White heat embossed the sentiment and the snowflakes.
- Next, splatter some water and white paint all over and set the piece aside to dry.
- Next, once dry, cut it out with the Wonky Rectangles Dies (the largest one) and cut a scrap of white cardstock with the Stitched Slopes and Hills Dies to create the snow behind the little snowmen.
- Mount both pieces to the Simon Says Stamp Audrey Blue card base A2 size with foam tape.
Creating the Simon Says Stamp Snow Much Snowmen:
- Finally, stamp the snowmen on another piece of Hammermill cardstock and stamp the snowmen twice in Hero Arts Intense Black Ink.
- Use copics to colour the little fellows:
Gray: C0, C1, C2 – Red: R24, R29, R39, Blue: BG32, BG34 BG 15 Nose: Y17, YR04
- Keep the coloring simple and add a few highlights with a White Ranger Gel Pen.
- Next, attach the red one with glue dots and the green one with foam tape.
- Once attached, use the gray copic markers to add a bit of shadow under them
- Finally, add a few different sizes of white sequins from the Simon Says Stamp Girls Best Friend Confetti.
Never Miss a Post – Subscribe to my blog posts.
Visit my Card Making PDF Gallery for 350+ more card ideas
Card Making Supplies used for the Simon Says Stamp Snow Much card:
Here are the products I used today. Compensated affiliate links used where available at no cost to you.
When you click on a thumbnail link and shop you are supporting my website allowing me to continue bringing you new projects and videos. Thank you.
Sadly the Snow Much stamp set has been discontinued, but I have substituted a newer stamp set that will work really well with this card layout.
- Follow me on INSTAGRAM
- Join 37,700+ following me on PINTEREST
- Subscribe to my YOUTUBE Channel
- Follow me on FACEBOOK
- JOIN our Card Making Stamp and Share Facebook Group
- Check out my FREE PDF Gallery for over 350+ Card Making Tutorials
- How to make a SLIMLINE CARD – Info PAGE
– LOTS of great Paper Crafting Sales and New Releases going on this week – Check them out here
Shop my Favorite Brands
Love this card! This set is from their January card kit. Beautiful card.
Thanks Sibylle, and thanks for the info, I changed my post, I honestly could not remember what month it was from haha, obviously!.
Amy Koenders says
I love this! Your background is amazing, perfect colors and perfect sponging! Love the stitched edging too. So sweet!
thanks Amy, these distress oxide inks are so fun to sponge with, they go on like butter
Angela Lunn says
This kit is so much fun! Love this card!
It really is, I’m having so much fun with it, thank you Angela
Pretty darn cute, Sandi! Loved this stamp set but passed on the kit … M A Y order the stamp set yet, but still trying to tighten my belt (the space thing!) Thanks for the free PDF … and hope you’re keeping warm ‘n cozy there! LOL It’s been pretty brutal here too lately, but … never mind, when you can make adorable cards like this one and be cozy in your craft room, that really does make it much more bearable, eh?! Thanks a bunch for sharing again.
thank you Geraldine. I would definitely order the stamp set, it’s worth having, those little Penguins are next on my hit list, haha. You are so welcome on the PDF, I find many of my readers really like that they can print it off and take it to their craft rooms. Yes, staying warm and cozy, it’s beautiful and sunny outside, but when you open that door, it’s a reality check for sure, haha….oh well, it makes you appreciate the warm days.
Gay Ferland says
Thank you for sharing Sandi!!! Beautiful art always!!! ❤️
aw, thank you Gay, I’m having fun, haha