Sandi MacIver – Papercraft Artist – The Stamp Market – Bear Hugs
Hi there stamping friends, Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog has a “Have a Heart” challenge this week, so I’m busted out some new products I just received from them to share with you today, mainly, the Stamp Market Bear Hugs Stamp Set.
While I was flipping through the “what’s new” section on the SSS website I saw this set, and it just melted my heart, then I came across the new Pretty Pink Posh Stitched Pieces dies, and a card idea was born.
This die has some very cool elements to it.
- First – it cuts out the entire panel, so I started with a 4-1/2 x 5-1/2 piece of cardstock, ran it through my Big Shot die cutting machine with the Magnetic Platform and it cuts it down to 4 x 5-1/4, allowing for perfect layering on my A2 card base (4-1/4 x 5-1/2)
- Next, it adds the little windows and the adorable stitched lines around each.
- And the negative fall out pieces – I’m saving those for sentiments on other cards – LOVE that they are also stitched.
Tips and tricks for The Stamp Market Bear Hugs Card:
- I started with a piece of Neenah 110 lb solar white cardstock – 3-7/8 x 5-1/8. I used the Ranger blending tool to add Picked Raspberry Distress Oxide Ink to the entire panel.
- Next, I used the spritzer to add some droplets of water onto the inked piece, and patted it a bit with a paper towel to lift the wet ink for the “splotchy look”.
- I used the Pretty Pink Posh – Stitched Pieces Die to cut out my card front and then stamped a sentiment with VersaFine Onyx Black Ink (doesn’t stain my photopolymer stamps and provides a nice crisp stamped image)
- I attached this to the inked card stock with Therm o Web Gina K Designs Adhesive Dots.
- Next I used the VersaFine Onyx Black ink again to stamp the panda bear from the set 3 times onto a small piece of Neenah 110lb Solar White cardstock and then used the coordinating dies to cut the little fellows out.
- I used the heart dies from the set with some Hot Pink cardstock from Simon Says Stamp to cut out some heart confetti
- I tucked the bears into the little windows in my card front, using some Gina K foam tape to prop up their heads a little for a bit of a 3-d effect.
- I used Gina K Connect glue to attach the hearts and the Pretty Pink Posh – Valentines Jewels to the card front.
click the button above to download a free PDF for this card – and the Supply Links are at the end of this post for you.
I’ve received a few e-mails lately asking why I’m using Simon Says Stamps to order my supplies?
- I like them because they carry everyone’s products, so I can place a mixed company order and it all comes in one box.
- They stay up to date with the latest trends and bring in the newest products – check the “what’s New” button at the top of their site.
- I live in Canada, they have flat rate shipping $7.99 – for any size order – no kidding $400. order, shipping is $7.99 – LOVE THIS
- They have a border agreement – NO DUTY on the orders
- They have an awesome support team – if you e-mail them a question – they answer you – usually within an hour, and they are fun and polite.
- They are seldom out of a product – but if they are – you can leave your e-mail and they will notify you when it’s back in stock, so you can order it right away.
I like dealing with them so much, I became one of their affiliates, which means if you click on any buttons on my blog and place an order through them, I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
These commissions are helping pay for the new supplies I’m ordering and my blogging/youtube expenses to bring you new and fun products – so thank you so much for supporting me.
AND – they have awesome sales – this one just started –
From today through January 27th, use CODE SSSink99 to receive a 30% discount on all ink orders…whoo hoo – I have just started using their ink and it’s lovely.
I’ve listed the products I used below. Clicking on the image will take you directly to the product. Where available I use compensated affiliate links which means if you make a purchase through my link, I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you so very much for your support, I truly appreciate it.
for The Stamp Market – Bear Hugs Card
- Check out my FREE PDF Gallery for Card Inspiration
- Be One of over 30,000+ following me on PINTEREST
- Subscribe to my YOUTUBE Channel to get notified of the latest videos