Hello my stamping friends and welcome back. I have a NEW Card making Video to share today created with some fun products, Distress Oxide Ink and Altenew Leaf Canopy card.
Of course you could use whatever water based inks and stamps you have handy for this technique and it’s a super fast and easy one too. All you need is 2-3 ink pads, a water brush and some watercolor paper.
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks for the Distress Oxide Ink and Altenew Leaf Canopy Card:
- Start by stamping the outline leaf image in VersaFine Onyx Black Ink onto the Tim Holtz Distress watercolor paper with the Misti precision stamping tool .
- Cut out the two images with the coordinating Leaf Canopy dies.
- Next, stamp the Distress Oxide ink pads (Peacock Feathers, Cracked Pistachio and Squeezed Lemonade) a couple of times onto the craft mat and then use the Altenew Watercolor Brush to add some water. (I used three water brushes to keep the colours separate for the painting).
- Use the Altenew Watercolor Brush to wet the watercolor paper and start adding the ink to the leaves letting it blend and run.
- Distress Oxide is an opaque ink, so the blending is a little different than the regular distress inks and it provides a beautifully blended finished product and you can add layers of colour on top of one another which is very cool indeed!
- Finally, set the pieces aside to dry and use the left over ink to add some splatter to the A2 card base. (4-1/4 x 11, folded at 5-1/2).
Adding the Sentiment:
- On a scrap of Gina K Tranquil Teal cardstock, stamp and white heat emboss two of the sentiments. Trim to fit before adding to a larger piece of black cardstock.
- Starting from the bottom of the card, use Gina K Connect Glue to glue down the smaller set of leaves; then use Tear It Tape to attach the sentiment and glue down the larger set of leaves in the top left side of the card.
- Once everything was glued down, turn it over and trimmed off any overhangs.
- Finally, embellish the piece with a few of the Cool Summer Night Altenew Enamel Dots.
Click here to visit my blog to watch today’s video:
Or visit my YouTube Channel to watch it in HD
Click the button above to download a free PDF file for this card and don’t forget to check out my FREE PDF Gallery for lots more fun card ideas.
Never Miss a Post – Subscribe to my blog posts.
Visit my Card Making PDF Gallery for 350+ more card ideas
Card Making Supplies used for the Distress Oxide Ink and Altenew Leaf Canopy Card card:
Here are the products I used today. Compensated affiliate links used where available at no cost to you.
When you click on a thumbnail link and shop you are supporting my website allowing me to continue bringing you new projects and videos. Thank you.
– LOTS of great Paper Crafting Sales and New Releases going on this week – Check them out here