Hi stamping friends, welcome back and hope you’re having a great day. Today I’m playing with my favorite item from the Stamptember release, the Simon Says Stamp Sunflower Stem Die.
I saw the card that Shari Carroll created for the roll out and knew I wanted to case it. This die is super fun, it cuts the outline 3 times, which leaves this beautiful outline around the image and allows you to take out each leaf and petal to color – whoo hoo!
- I started by cutting out two of the die cuts, one all the way through in Ranger Distress Watercolor paper, and one partial in SSS Ultra Thick White, that I used as my base to build on.
- Take out all the little pieces being careful to keep them in order so you know what color to paint them.
- I used my Gansai Tambi watercolors to color them.
- I glued the outline die image on top of the base image and then added each of the painted pieces back in. Doesn’t it make just a fabulous image, LOVE IT so much.
- For the background I sprayed Pixie spray on the back of the Faceted Stripes Stencil and laid it over a 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 piece of white card stock.
- Using my Life Changing brushes, I added SSS Fossil Ink over the entire piece. I love the abstract lines in this design and I think it works really well with the outlined in the die cut.
- The sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp “Messages for Everyday” and I white heat embossed that on a scrap of black card.
- Finally, I embellished with a few gold sequins from “Spring Flowers”.
Thanks so much for visiting me today and I hope you enjoyed the project. I’ve listed the products I used below. Clicking on the image will take you directly to the product. Where available I use compensated affiliate links which means if you make a purchase through my link, I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you so very much for your support, it helps to keep my blog and YouTube channel running and I truly appreciate it.
P.S. if you do place an order through my affiliate links, please E-Mail Me with the date and amount along with your name and address as I would love to send you a thank you card.
for the Simon Says Stamp Sunflower Stem Card: