Hi crafty friends, thanks for stopping in and hope you are having a great weekend so far. Today, I’m sharing two cards created with the Simon Says Stamp You shine Card Kit for July. This kit is a lot of fun. It contains a brand new YOU SHINE 6 x 8 stamp set and if you like to color, you will love this one. I am a huge fan of simple copic coloring, so I grabbed some markers and went to town creating my favorite citrus.
Trying New Card Making Products:
One of the things I really love about Simon Says Stamp Card Kits, is I get to try card making products that I have not previously ordered and tried. This month, I get to play with Tim Holtz Ranger, Gilded Distress Foundry Wax (that card is coming in a future post). Also, the Tim Holtz Idea-ology window Frames Baseboards, one of which I used on my first card. These are fabulous, come in an array of sizes and add 3D detail and interest to your card with no work.
I have linked to multiple sources in the thumbnails at the end of this post. If you find value in my posts and free PDF downloads, you can support my artistic journey by using the Compensated affiliate links at no cost to you. I receive a small commission from your purchase. As always, I appreciate your support.
My Kit came very late this month, so I grabbed it and quickly created two cards to share. I have a third almost done. This is a crazy posting weekend for me. I have two blog posts today, the second goes live at 7:00 a.m. It is a YouTube Hop with a bunch of my Canadian Cardmaking Friends. Watch for ton’s of inspiration and TONS of prizes.
Next, check out the great sales on this weekend as we celebrate Canada Day on July 1st and Independence Day on July 4th. Great weekend for family fun and celebration, and if you have time to sneak in a little shopping too, I’ll be keeping my PAPER CRAFTING SALES PAGE up to date all weekend long. Finally, SUBSCRIBE to my Paper Crafting Sales Newsletter that comes out 1 – 2 times a week with all Crafty Sales Updates.
Simon Says Stamp You Shine Cards Card #1
Start by stamping the images in Memento Tuxedo Black onto Hammermill white cardstock. Use a 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 piece to cram in as many images as possible.
Next, use copic markers to color the images.
- Pinks: RV10, R81, R83, R85
- Greens: YG21, YG17, YG23
- Yellow: Y11, Y13, Y15
Then, cut them out.
Putting the card together:
- Card Base: 4-1/4 x 11, score and fold at 5-1/2 black card base.
- Pink Mat: 4 x 5-1/4, Cotton Candy card stock from Simon Says Stamp
- Simple Vintage Lemon Twist pattern paper – 3-7/8 x 5-1/8
- Black and white pattern paper from Simple Vintage Lemon Twist 3-1/2 x 4-3/4 – glued to the back of the larger Window Frame Baseboards
- Scrap of Black card stock, to white emboss the sentiment on.
Finally, layer all the pieces to the front of the card and then use glue dots and foam squares to attach the art elements.
Simon Says Stamp You Shine Cards – Card #2
Start with the sheet of images stamped in black from above and this time use the yellow copic markers to create lemons
Next, cut out all the images and the cardstock and patterned paper required:
Putting the Card Together:
- Card Base: 5-1/2 x 8-1/2, score and fold at 4-1/4 – black cardstock
- Simple Vintage Lemon Twist paper with yellow and teal butterflies 4 x 5-1/4
- Bright Yellow Mat: 3-1/2 x 4-3/4
- Teal patterned paper: 3- 3/8 x 4-5/8
- scrap of black card stock to white heat emboss the sentiment on.
Finally, using glue dots and foam squares, add the art pieces.
My second post today, in about 30 minutes has a video and the first 6 minutes are dedicated to how I like to copic color. Watch that for my basics on using 3 markers in each color family to color images.
What’s In this Month’s Kit:
- Kit is valued at $61.59 – On Sale for $39.99
- New, Simon Says Stamp You shine 6 x 8″ clear stamp set (coordinating dies are available but not included in the kit).
- Simon Says Stamp Flower Garden Emboss and Cut folder (being used in my next card).
- 12 Sheets of Simple Stories Simple Vintage Lemon Twist 6 x 8 doubled sided paper
- A bottle of Tim Holtz ranger Gilded Distress Foundry Was
- 1 Ranger Paintbrush
- A package of Tim Holtz Idea-ology window Frames Baseboards
- Matte Gold card stock – 1 sheet
- Bright Yellow card stock – 1 sheet
- Solar White card stock – 1 sheet
- 1 Simon Says Stamp A2 Black envelope
ORDER YOUR SIMON SAYS STAMP YOU SHINE CARD KIT TODAY.
Never Miss a Post – Subscribe to my blog posts.
Visit my Card Making PDF Gallery for 350+ more card ideas
Card Making Supplies used for the Simon Says Stamp you Shine Cards:
Here are the products I used today. Compensated affiliate links used where available at no cost to you.
Clicking on a thumbnail link and shopping supports my website and allows me to continue bringing you new projects and videos. Thank you for your support. Affiliate and product disclosure are found on my disclosure page. All products were personally purchased except for Simon Says Stamp You Shine July Card Kit which were provided/sponsored by the company. As always, I was not paid to do this post. I only use and recommend products I love. Click on the icons below each product picture to go to my favorite stores.
- Follow me on INSTAGRAM
- Join 38,000+ following me on PINTEREST
- Subscribe to my YOUTUBE Channel
- Follow me on FACEBOOK
- JOIN our Card Making Stamp and Share Facebook Group
- Check out my FREE PDF Gallery for over 350+ Card Making Tutorials
- How to make a SLIMLINE CARD – Info PAGE
– LOTS of great Paper Crafting Sales and New Releases going on this week – Check them out here
Shop my Favorite Brands
Amy Koenders says
Amazing cards Sandi! The colors are just perfect…perfect for summer too!! 🙂
thanks so much Amy
Lin Brandyberry says
Sandi, your first card may be my very favorite card I’ve seen made with this kit – LOVE that you used pink with black and white!!!
thank you Lin. I colored them in yellow, green and then pink and decided I liked pink the best, LOL
Lisa Tilson says
These are fabulous Sandi! The black and white and pink one is very cool – love the distressed look of that and the zesty lemon one is gorgeous – I love lemons and always love to see a card with them on! Beautiful work xx
Thanks so much Lisa, Me too, and they are so fun to color too. The pattern paper in this kit made it really easy to create the cards