Hi Crafty Friends, welcome back to my card making and paper crafting blog. Today I’m sharing Simple Card Making with Simon Says Stamp Diecember dies. You can check out the entire Simon Says Stamp DieCEMBER Release. here. This release is ALL DIES, and I’m seriously having so much fun playing with them and today I combined one of my favorites with the Flora Background Stamp also from Simon Says Stamp.
I’m sharing two cards today created with it, they have the same color scheme, just a different technique on each card.
- For the first card, I stamped the image in Gina K Amalgam Ink and use my copic markers to color in the floral images. I wanted a really subtle background, but not a white one, so I blended my light gray Copics into the background Co, C1 and C2.
- Once that was all done, I spattered the card front with some watered down white Gouache.
- Copics used: BLUE BG57, BG53 BG,45 – lighter BLUE: BG32, BG15, BG15
- Gray Co, C1, C2, Greens BG10, BG11, BG32
- For the second card: First it qualifies for my 10 Minutes to Wow cards – Yeah!
- I black heat embossed that beautiful Floral Background onto a piece of white card stock. Then I used Distress Oxides, Bundled Sage, Mermaid Lagoon and Peacock Feathers and my blending tools to add the color from dark to light starting at the bottom.
- Once finished, I rubbed all the ink off the embossed image with a dry paper towel before splattering it with some watered down white gouache.
- I then die cut the two layers of the sentiment and attached it with foam tape.
The World Needs More People like you Die is two part, the actual words (in white), and then the shadow behind (in black). which really makes it pop off the card.
Thanks so much for visiting me today and I hope you enjoyed the project. You can order your crafting supplies online through the product list I have provided below. Clicking on the image will take you directly to the product. Where available I use compensated affiliate links which means if you make a purchase through my link, I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you so very much for your support, it helps to keep my blog and YouTube channel running and I truly appreciate it.